Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looks good.

I installed EvoTechs front & rear spindle bobbins a while back & have been waiting 2 months for their main frame crash protection to be available. Finally got to order it yesterday. I had listed my email to be alerted when it was available but wasn't notified, noticed it was for sale because I've been checking every few days so heads up to anyone that's been doing the same, waiting for their parts. Also have their tail tidy and levers, for my own preference they make the nicest parts for these areas.

Front :

Rear :

Frame slider w cross frame system putting the rotating bobbin right in the position to help protect those side fairing fins :
http://www.evotech-performance.com/kawasaki-ninja-h2-main-frame-crash-protection-2015-onwards

·
Registered
835 Posts
Looks good.

I installed EvoTechs front & rear spindle bobbins a while back & have been waiting 2 months for their main frame crash protection to be available. Finally got to order it yesterday. I had listed my email to be alerted when it was available but wasn't notified, noticed it was for sale because I've been checking every few days so heads up to anyone that's been doing the same, waiting for their parts. Also have their tail tidy and levers, for my own preference they make the nicest parts

Frame slider w cross frame system putting the rotating bobbin right in the position to help protect those side fairing fins :
Kawasaki Ninja H2 Main Frame Crash Protection - Evotech Performance
I think you are right about evotech making the nicest parts , the tail tidy is so much better looking than anything else out there .
Think the levers may be a mistake unless you have the hand grip of a silverback gorilla .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have the Evotech Short Brake lever which operates easily w/ one or 2 fingers, much better feel than stock & gloves dont get in the way. The clutch lever is their folding version which is only 10mm shorter than stock, lever pull/feel is same as stock but the end of your hand is in a better position at the levet ball, stock the ball is too far out for me. 2500 miles w/ them, my hands are strong but not Silverback strong maybe Chimp strong but if you have a girly grip maybe not for you.:)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I put 2500 miles w/ stock levers and the same amount of miles w/ the EvoTechs. W/ 1 or 2 fingers on the shorty brake lever I get my front ABS to kick in so don't need a longer lever. I personally find the short brake lever is much more comfortable for keeping the rest of my fingers/hand around the throttle and 1 or 2 fingers around the brake lever and it's also easier for me to transition from covering the brake lever w/ 2 fingers to then having my hand & all fingers fully in the throttle & vice versa. From where I like to keep my clutch hand on the grip, the clutch ball on the folding lever (which is longer than the shorty brake lever) sits right next to my pinky finger when pulling in the clutch so feels more secure, feels better than stock to me but get that it's personal preference.

Brake lever compared to stock :

Short lever compared to folding :

Shorty brake:

Folding clutch :

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Installed these frame sliders myself yesterday. Both fairings, ram air tube have to come off. Matches the Evotech spindle bobbins nicely. There's an additional support bar that won't work w/ the after market exhaust being in the way but they're solid enough without it that I'm sticking w/ em.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone have experience with BOTH the Kawasaki and Evotech frame sliders? I'm debating buying both and fitting them to see which one appears to offer the most protection since that is my primary concern.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have the Kawasaki ones.Thank God.SOMEHOW I was starting a U-turn practicing.Don't know what went wrong.Bike fell out from under me.The slider saved the bike...I broke a winglet up top.And there is a teensy unnoticeable small gouge on the midfairing right up by the brake lever...on the side panel top edge.Can't really see it unless ya know it's there and it's okay.But everything else was fine.SO...I know these work.Thought there'd be a LOT of damage.Nope.Got lucky I guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Kawasaki ones.Thank God.SOMEHOW I was starting a U-turn practicing.Don't know what went wrong.Bike fell out from under me.The slider saved the bike...I broke a winglet up top.And there is a teensy unnoticeable small gouge on the midfairing right up by the brake lever...on the side panel top edge.Can't really see it unless ya know it's there and it's okay.But everything else was fine.SO...I know these work.Thought there'd be a LOT of damage.Nope.Got lucky I guess.
That is unfortunate but I'm glad to hear they offered some protection and it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Turned out okay really.Losing a wing isn't too bad.I was really worried about the bodywork.So it was a win with that.Had they not been on there,the damage would have been very bad.I know that.The wing cracked off,but thankfully it didn't crack the cowl.Just snapped above the angle part that goes up and out to the tip.Aftermarket parts...so not so bad to replace.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Any further info/experience with the frame/wheel protection of either OEM or Evotech?

Thinking of getting front/rear wheel sliders and main frame slider. Looked at both mentioned and some from T-Rex Racing, which has an interesting rear wheel setup where the crash bobbins hold together in the axle shaft by magnets! Good for quick release I guess but not sure of how they would go in a slide.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Does anyone have experience with BOTH the Kawasaki and Evotech frame sliders? I'm debating buying both and fitting them to see which one appears to offer the most protection since that is my primary concern.

I have Evotech and according to my dealer there is no comparison, Evotech have the cross frame support, Kawasaki do not, not really much to debate!
Image of Evotech installed attached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
h2madness, that would have been one of those moments where you just look, stunned, as the bike gracefully lies down!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Uh,I wish.Just started to make the turn...BOOM.She dropped so fast I couldn't catch er.I think I may have accidently pulled the front brake if only just a tap.That'll do it everytime.I can lift my 14R without much to do.Not this beastie.No way could I get her off the ground.Weird.Not sure what that's all about.Had it happened out in the boondocks...she'd still be sitting there!LMAO.With me starving right beside;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Evotech have the cross frame support, Kawasaki do not"...they don't cause it's a waste of material.It doesn't help in a dropover anyway.The stress is on the engine mount(where it's attached)Right into the frame..Actually,your evotech slider has a real weak spot.It's not directly connected to the main frame.That bolt holding it in there will snap probably.Plus it doesn't appear on their site that the bobbin actually comes out as far as the factory Kawi one.The shape of the Kawi one has a length to it that helps keep the bike from seesawing as it's sliding.Not so sure about that round bobbin.Looks like the tail could easily move and hit the ground.(the pipe anyway).I KNOW the kawi ones saved all that back there from hitting.The placement for the bobbin on yours is NOT at the physical center of the highest point of the side.Makes a BIG difference in how damaged it could be...hope ya never have ta find out...I suppose a real moving laydown would be really bad with either slider.Not much could stop damage except a crash cage.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
@H2015..didn't watch it gracefully fall down.First thought...how am gonna pick her back up...already had experience with that.Hate to say.But yeah.One other time in the garage moving her around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts