Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've ever had to reach your battery in a 12R, you'll know that Kawasaki started with a battery and built the bike around it. OMG what a process to get to it.

Anyway, started to pull it apart and found a H2 inside. Will post photos when I have completed the transformation. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
I definitely need Brembo's on my 12. Finding it annoying when I forget I'm not on H2 and tap gear lever and nothing happens. How sweet is this Dog ring box? By that I mean I've never known anything like it, incredible. A lot of this bikes awesomeness is happening in there. There is a sense of everything is balanced as well, SPECIAL. Really would like the comfort of the 12 seat on the H2.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Mod that seat...and I totally agree with yer Transmission comments.It IS a real sweet trans.I REALLY like how she shifts.Better than any bike I've ever ridden...including my 3 14's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitely need Brembo's on my 12. Finding it annoying when I forget I'm not on H2 and tap gear lever and nothing happens. How sweet is this Dog ring box? By that I mean I've never known anything like it, incredible. A lot of this bikes awesomeness is happening in there. There is a sense of everything is balanced as well, SPECIAL. Really would like the comfort of the 12 seat on the H2.
Yeah, after riding newer sports bikes, swapping between them and the 12R, you can't be two finger braking on the latter - quite a concern when you are used to brakes on the new bikes. Am going to overhaul the brakes but probably (due to cost v total worth of the whole bike) not go the whole way with a complete new brembo or similar system but who knows. A 12R with a modern level braking system would just about make it as good overall as "almost" anything on the road. Still love the old beast.

Rock.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Similar weight, similar power, 12 would be a lot lighter if it was reduced to single seat. 12 faster ( genuine 200 mph ) gear box ratios better. Range better and economy similar. 12 more comfortable and easy for ride fast for longer due to aerodynamics being a full faring 320kmh tool. There is a huge difference between say a Harley or Guzzi gear change and a zx12r . This difference is about the same from a zx12r to a H2. There is a saying don't give a cat salmon or it will eat nothing else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts