Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear comments that H2 SX has mild accel compared to the H2, but have you tried it without the traction control which include the wheelie control?
For me, even at F1 setting, I can feel SX keep wanting to lift the front tire in the lower gears just from acceleration.
Kawasaki states they made the supercharger more milder on SX than H2 by changing the angle of impeller and making the ports narrower, but SX has more torque in low to mid range than the H2. Maybe that's due to SX weighing more and has longer wheelbase?
Any inputs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear comments that H2 SX has mild accel compared to the H2, but have you tried it without the traction control which include the wheelie control?
For me, even at F1 setting, I can feel SX keep wanting to lift the front tire in the lower gears just from acceleration.
Kawasaki states they made the supercharger more milder on SX than H2 by changing the angle of impeller and making the ports narrower, but SX has more torque in low to mid range than the H2. Maybe that's due to SX weighing more and has longer wheelbase?
Any inputs?
well after a short run in the rain yesterday, it actually feels about the same as the zzr1400 I used to have. I could get the front wheel lifting on that under acceleration with TC off and its heavier, mainly at the front end so no surprise then the H2sx is even livlier.

one thing I did notice is the throttle response...... its smooth. no idea what folks are talking about it being harsh when closing.... I thought it was really mild (but you close it slowly obviously!!!) last bike was an MT10 and now that had a harsh throttle :)

32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compared to H2, I'm sure it's smoother. I also use KEBS to light setting because without it it does make it kind of harsh.
I guess not too many people have experience with both H2 and H2 SX, I think they are both great bikes, I was thinking about ordering 2018 H2 til they announced the SX at EICMA and I knew that was the one for me.
I believe the SX's rpm goes beyond 12000 redline to 13000 rpm in stock form. I'm keeping mine below redline though xD
I don't know much about H2's numbers, but SX's supercharger really comes alive above 6000rpm

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had a 2015 and 2016 H2. Still breaking the H2SX in, so can't really comment yet on peak performance. The H2 felt stronger at low revs. Gas response was instant where the H2SX is smoother, more docile (if that's the correct word...). To be honest, I liked the instant power (insanity >:D) of the H2 better. But it seems the H2SX is very much restricted so I guess with some tweaks we can get the insanity back:D

32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just posted this in other forum, I thought I'd share this here also

They just came out with article in Japanese magazine where professional rider compared two stock bikes on a track.

Track time was 1min 17.013 second for the H2 & 1min 18.311second for the H2 SX SE.
0-400m H2=10.702 SXSE=11.244
0-1000m H2=18.585 SXSE=19.478
Top speed H2=298.97km SXSE=294.24km

I'm not sure whether they used KLCM or not since there was no mention of it

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There's no question that the SE(or SX)has some very nice potential.When they start getting in there and tweakin it,it's gonna be a wild ride I think.And solid on the long haul.I like what one reviewer said...'it's smoother than a zx14R'...that's very nice.Glad for you guys that got one...

I know it kinda goes against a 'touring bike' having a chain drive.But I think it's great.Able to make gearing changes.With that center stand,chain maintenance should be a breeze.

·
Registered
625 Posts
And if it was geared up? I understand that as standard they also run out of revs at 300kph/186 mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the limiter will activate below 300km unless you flash the bike.
You guys have it lucky, domestic models for Japan usually have 180km limiter.
I'm glad they didn't put that on my SX SE xD

·
Registered
90 Posts
And if it was geared up? I understand that as standard they also run out of revs at 300kph/186 mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup. I had to change gearing and flash the ecu to make it run 200mph :D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I got my 2020 H2SE+ a few weeks back.All stock right now.I can say passing some cars in 2nd gear the front came up nicely.(may have been 3rd).I'm very happy with mine.My 2015 H2 flashed and piped and PC'D may have had a slightly more strong low gear response,but the H2SE has plenty of kick to it.Hard to say really cause I didn't blast away in the low gears much with the H2.More like roll-ons.
The throttle response with the SE is much better.I have mine in 'rider' mode.F/1/Soft.It's a blast to ride.I'm really glad to have this electronic suspension.The H2 just got to be too much for longer rides.But then,it's not a 'touring' bike.This one is...and it shines awesomely.Really likin it.It was a good trade up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts