Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm getting ready to return this bike to stock and sell off all of the trick bits, but I figure I should quickly check if anyone wants this thing as is (though I fully expect to be told to not even think about getting a return on bling).

The details:
2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2
2262 Miles
Over-serviced (oil change at recommended intervals as well as at end of the season)
Has a few track weekends on it with a slow as **** guy at the controls

Essentially I tried to turn this into a "street H2R" in appearance since I loved how the R looked and wanted to be a poser.

Condition is good but certainly not perfect as it is used of course. I can go over with a fine toothed comb to find minor imperfections for any interested buyers, but I always try to be as upfront with everything as possible.

Go Fast/Bling Parts:
Woolich Racing USB M v3 Package - $399
Cordona Quickshifter with Autoblipper Setup - $435
Apollo Aero Carbon Upper Wings - $1,500
Apollo Aero Carbon Lower Wings - $1,500
Apollo Aero Carbon H2R Styled Upper Cowl - $1,200
Apollo Aero Carbon Dash Infills - $375
Vandemon Polished Full Titanium Exhaust - $2,500
Evotech Fender Eliminator - $210
FAR Viper Bar End Mirrors - $225
Z-Flex LED Turn Signals - $90
Suntek Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coat - $1,000

Total: $9434

That's not including some other like custom machining the bar ends into spacers for the bar end mirrors, etc, but that list was thorough enough to make me not want to know truly how much I had dumped into this machine. This is especially because prices on a lot of these parts came down, and I calculated the total based on current pricing, rather than what I spent.

The upper wing design of the H2R changed in 2017, and I actually have both versions of the upper wing, so a buyer is more than welcome to choose which one they'd like (but only one is included).

Bike is currently tuned to 240-250 rear wheel horsepower (depending on how optimistic the dyno is) and is an absolute blast.

Also included is a few genuine H2R decals from Kawasaki that I snagged in case you want to engage full H2poseR mode.

The juicy photos:

Asking price for the bike in its current state is $25000.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to start tearing this back down to stock this week.

I know this site is mostly people that already own an H2, but I figured I'd bump this one last time in case anyone watching is interested!

·
Registered
427 Posts
H2R arriving in March :D
Congrats!

May i ask why after making all those awesome changes to your H2 are you buying an H2r?

I have been fighting the 'buy an H2r' decision for some time!

I have been desperate to find someone with a derestricted H2 buy an H2r and give an honest comparison.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congrats!

May i ask why after making all those awesome changes to your H2 are you buying an H2r?

I have been fighting the 'buy an H2r' decision for some time!

I have been desperate to find someone with a derestricted H2 buy an H2r and give an honest comparison.
It was a combination of three things I guess:

1. For the foreseeable future, my H2 would be serving as my track bike, so there goes the benefit of being street legal out of the box.

2. I have this weird kind of mod-exhaustion where I just want a bike that I love in stock form. Even though I know this one is "done" being modded, the fact that I've opened up the pandora's box of modding means I can't help but looking at supercharger gears, intercoolers, cams, etc. When I bought the H2 it was always in the H2R's shadow, which is why I modded my H2 like I did, so when I saw the chance to get the real thing I had to take it.

3. I somehow convinced my wife this is a really good idea.

I'll do my best to evaluate it once I get the H2R on the track next year. I picked up a spare rear wheel as well so I won't have a shredded rear tire end my weekend early like it was doing this last season. I still consider myself a slow schmuck but I'll see what I can discern offhand (plus will get be able to compare readings on the same dyno, though likely not on the same day).

·
Registered
427 Posts
It was a combination of three things I guess:

1. For the foreseeable future, my H2 would be serving as my track bike, so there goes the benefit of being street legal out of the box.

2. I have this weird kind of mod-exhaustion where I just want a bike that I love in stock form. Even though I know this one is "done" being modded, the fact that I've opened up the pandora's box of modding means I can't help but looking at supercharger gears, intercoolers, cams, etc. When I bought the H2 it was always in the H2R's shadow, which is why I modded my H2 like I did, so when I saw the chance to get the real thing I had to take it.

3. I somehow convinced my wife this is a really good idea.

I'll do my best to evaluate it once I get the H2R on the track next year. I picked up a spare rear wheel as well so I won't have a shredded rear tire end my weekend early like it was doing this last season. I still consider myself a slow schmuck but I'll see what I can discern offhand (plus will get be able to compare readings on the same dyno, though likely not on the same day).
That will be awesome, i really look forward to an honest evaluation from someone that will have owned both bikes, instead of a magazine just testing two stock bikes for an afternoon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is the single most important statement made here!!!

Don.
Yôu beat me to it. He should have just left out all those other reasons. Like one of my bosses told me a long time ago "I said yes, now get out of my office before I change my mind".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. If you decide to return it to stock and sell the bling bits, I'd be interested in the Woolich module and the quickshifter. Cheers, Fred

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm starting the tear down this week and will be listing all of the go fast bits for sale shortly, I'll be sure to set aside the Woolich bits and quickshifter for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts