Ninja H2 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to a sudden stop Thursday night and my Alpine Stars boot got caught in the foot peg. The OEM pegs have a claw like edge and because I was leaning to the left this edge almost prevented me from getting my left foot down, it was not fun. I have 1200 miles on the bike in 5 weeks, it hadn't occurred before so I was really spooked. I've never owned a bike w/ this kind of ledge on a peg before, Im sure it's to help prevent your foot from sliding off the peg in hard cornering but it had to go. Took me about a half hour of hand filing & then polishing using a Dremel to match the height & look of the studs on the top of the peg. Was worried it would look like a hack job but surprised myself at how well it came out, really can't tell anything was changed. If it didn't happen to me I probably would have thought a mod was unnecessary... Please be careful when stopping.

BEFORE :

AFTER :

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It's that little end step that I caught my pants on...more than once.Goona file mine off as well...Good job on passing that along to us...I'm thinkin to get those tips filed down some as well...on the outside part there.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...perhaps I'll just leave em alone...rode today with straight leg levis on...no problem.They do allow your feet to grip really well on the end there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts