Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Only 120 on mine so far - it's been a busy week at work :crying::crying::crying:

But I'm off today and tomorrow, the sky is clear blue, and the sun is shining ...........
About 190miles on mine but there'll be some more today. The sun is out and I'm off to North Yorks and the coast :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Only 111 miles here. Been away for a few days but next week.............:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not raining, H2 fueled up and good to go and its my Birthday!!!

Come on darling,,,grab ya helmet,,,,,Doh.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!! What a way to spend it.

Mine's still on display at the dealership and only has the 30 miles I put on it the day it was delivered. We have had several nice days here since then and it is killing me not to be able to ride it.
the dealership had an open house yesterday with food, swag and a stunt show. the H2 was the center of attention and it was cool hanging back listening to people talk about it. I overheard one guy ask the salesman how he could get one and the salesman chuckled and said your too late unless you can find one for sale by an owner. Of course he did not tell him that there is one for sale at the other Kawi dealer in town.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only 9 miles on mine still band from driving until the 16/04 but I will catch up quick already booked in for its first service on 17/04 1pm !! Just hope the sun shines :nerd::nerd:

·
Registered
16 Posts
600 miles?

Picked mine up from the Star City Motorsports in Lincoln,NE. Friday(04/03) and by midnight last night I had put on 742 miles and have figured out a couple of things. As delivered they suck as a highway bike, what with the on/off throttle bit... After the first 100 miles on the freeway, I had to figure something out to get rid, or lessen the abrupt on /off throttle.... So I went into the menu and turned on the engine braking to "Light" IF you haven't tried this yet, I would encourage you to try this as it almost gets rid of this except at lower rpm ranges. Yes my bike has the rattle at lower rpm's, but it is clutch noise and it goes away at 2 grand. Quick shift is great!! Transmission shifts SO SLICK.... Then today I took it up Big Thompson Canyon to Estes park.... A FUN time was had by me!!!! Fuel milage, When I left Lincoln,NE. the best i9 could get was 20 - 22 MPG. By the time I got to Loveland,CO. I was able to average 29 - 30 MPG at 79mph, just have to get some miles on it... On the trip I came up with a name, yup, I name my vehicles.... Any way my H2's name is Loco, Short for locomotive for the torque and it is loco fast.... Any off to the local kawi dealer tomorrow to get an oil filter ordered then more riding. Will be taking it to a track day on the weekend of May 8&9 and will post how it does compared to my '11 ZX-10....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm at 100km. I rode it away from the dealer and didn't head home until it started snowing. I did about 20km with a very light snow but it's parked now. Too slick. Too snowy.

Greg

·
Registered
473 Posts
Picked mine up from the Star City Motorsports in Lincoln,NE. Friday(04/03) and by midnight last night I had put on 742 miles and have figured out a couple of things. As delivered they suck as a highway bike, what with the on/off throttle bit... After the first 100 miles on the freeway, I had to figure something out to get rid, or lessen the abrupt on /off throttle.... So I went into the menu and turned on the engine braking to "Light" IF you haven't tried this yet, I would encourage you to try this as it almost gets rid of this except at lower rpm ranges. Yes my bike has the rattle at lower rpm's, but it is clutch noise and it goes away at 2 grand. Quick shift is great!! Transmission shifts SO SLICK.... Then today I took it up Big Thompson Canyon to Estes park.... A FUN time was had by me!!!! Fuel milage, When I left Lincoln,NE. the best i9 could get was 20 - 22 MPG. By the time I got to Loveland,CO. I was able to average 29 - 30 MPG at 79mph, just have to get some miles on it... On the trip I came up with a name, yup, I name my vehicles.... Any way my H2's name is Loco, Short for locomotive for the torque and it is loco fast.... Any off to the local kawi dealer tomorrow to get an oil filter ordered then more riding. Will be taking it to a track day on the weekend of May 8&9 and will post how it does compared to my '11 ZX-10....
Welcome Mike and thanks for sharing, I can't wait to get that many miles on mine. I was keeping the engine breaking on because I use it a lot during break-in to help seal the rings. I was planning on putting on the lowest setting after break-in so that's good news to me. If you make to the track with the H2 let us know how she does. I'll be taking min to Heartland in Topeka in September.

Reactions: Mike Smith

·
Registered
16 Posts
OKH2, Come a few more hours north of Heartland Park to Hastings NE. and ride Motorsports park Hastings ( www.racemph.com ) the first track weekend there is May 8,9 I will be there with mine... ;-) also am not sure heartland park will be up and running as there are issues with the city of Topeka and all, I HOPE that they can get it all worked out so they can run this summer!!!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
OKH2, Come a few more hours north of Heartland Park to Hastings NE. and ride Motorsports park Hastings ( www.racemph.com ) the first track weekend there is May 8,9 I will be there with mine... ;-) also am not sure heartland park will be up and running as there are issues with the city of Topeka and all, I HOPE that they can get it all worked out so they can run this summer!!!!!
Have you dialed out the throttle cable free play? Mine was terrible but with a head full of excitement it is easy to overlook an obvious.

First service booked tomorrow.

Got some freeway ( motorway ) miles in. went to Loomies cafe for those that are familiar with the A272,,,,wow. Can anyone accommodate me and bike in exchange for similar behavior in Sunny Bournemouth? Would / will love doing big mileage on this bike. Found my head more up than on zx12r so my eyes weren't stretching to where my third eye should be ,but I think with the bigger fairing on the 12 it won't cruise at 150 mph like the 12 does. The speed holds you up lovely so no sore wrists on H2.

Got traction set to 2 ( -2 ) and pulled off with a cold tyre,,,If it did kick in I didn't feel it. Back wheel spun ( stepped out a little ) Handling is so neutral and those brakes.. Tingling at the thought of giving it some after first service.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great advise turned of engine braking and a lot less snatchy,still yet to find the perfect shock settings rear shock nearly broke my neck today over some bumpy roads at speed,2 clicks back and a lot better will have to check exactly how many clicks the high speed is set and and if its not out to much maybe try one more click down on high speed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
HEADS UP....First service requires an oil filter specific to this bike ,,,,,
Another heads up.
That check-list I posted that was read to me by my Dealer shows that:
Fuel pump replacement every 48,000 km
List price $519.45 US dollars
Fuel filter replacement every 24,000km
No price available (Call us for price)
Supercharger inspection at 1st service and every 6,000km
Oil screen replacement every 24,000km,$40

Oil Filter part no 16097-0009 $18.09

Might be for just us Aussies,but you never know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts