Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all, as most you know I got myself a 2016 H2 and apart from a blat around the block the day I bought it I haven't ridden it registered and legal until yesterday.
I couldn't wait to try this bike.......So the scene is - weather perfect sunny morning and headed up to my usual haunt the old road heading North of Sydney (that I know very very well). Even though I strictly kept to within the 4K rev limit for running in, the typically smooth Kawasaki motor is the first noticeable attribute. Super responsive throttle a little snatchy but I am kind of used to it.( I have a k7 Gixxer 750 track bike that was modified before I had it and although fantastic has a very snatchy throttle so I have experience in learning to control and very smoothly rolling on and off) Anyway.... through the ride I observed a very solid feeling, compliant but comfortable set up. By the way I have set up the suspension STD settings ( for now) for my 6ft 94kg frame. Brakes are just out this world even the low speeds for this ride my applications were very small but the feeling and stopping power potential is ever present. Cornering through the curves and sweepers I know very well made me think this bike to be something between a full on sportsbike and my Gen II Hayabusa ( the suspension is set up and revalved for me)
a very capable handling bike for its size. I was really at home on this bike and found myself smiling a lot under my lid! The real appeal this bike had to me in the first place was its torque was almost the same as my Busa with more power, something you don't get with the 1 litre bikes which I didn't even consider when buying. The incredible torque and power I was used to on my Hayabusa kept me very happy for years. So overall my impression was a very capable compliant attractive and confidence inspiring but most importantly EXCITING machine :)
There are always some negatives and I must say the snatchy throttle is one, and a slight vibration through somewhere on the body work as the revs build up, otherwise fan bloody tastic! Have a love hate feeling about running in bikes.....nice to know it's a virgin and running it in correctly feels good, but on the neg side not being able to wind it out to get that thrill yet isn't easy and need good discipline. Lucky I still have my Hayabusa to jump on to do that....
Thought that I would share my first ride with you hope you enjoyed reading my experience!
Oh and when I got home I now have installed my Akrapovic slip on that I received when I purchased...
Cheers everyone ;)
Jeffro (Downunder)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Legal as in registered! As for the speed limit well that's another thing!
Cheers mate

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good 1 Jeffro.
Wait until you've run her in and you can open her up.That smile becomes wider and almost permanent.
Choosing which one of your bikes to ride becomes easy,there's only 1 choice.
In 20 months I've ridden my ZX-10R 3 times since the H2 hit my garage.
Enjoy mate!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts