Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys for the delay however 6 weeks ago I became the Team Principal and Owner of TeamT3Racing and we are competing at this years IOM TT in the Supersports class with Gary Johnson. www.tt3racing.com

Having said that my H2R exhaust has today been fitted and the very first video recorded and it looks and sounds amazing.

My bike has the full Brooks kit so expect circa 275bhp once we dyno and set her up, however what a huge improvement over what they come with either OEM or the Akrapovic.

We are now taking orders for a full polished system that removes the cat and replaces the downpipes, installed and mapped or full 275bhp Brooks kits plus our H2R exhaust.

https://youtu.be/BVQ7TOFlapY

email me at [email protected] for more information.

Regards

AJ

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Andy, have you measured the noise level?

For use at Straightliners events it has to come in under 106dB, measured off load at 4,000rpm, 500mm from the exhaust at an angle of 45°.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bob

The db will be virtually identical to that of an OEM H2R exhaust.

We will be running her on the dyno in the coming days and produce sheets and sound tests and will share these asap.

As we know different countries have different requirements and our rear can does come with a removable baffle and will be repackable.

Regards

AJ

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Bob

The db will be virtually identical to that of an OEM H2R exhaust.

We will be running her on the dyno in the coming days and produce sheets and sound tests and will share these asap.

As we know different countries have different requirements and our rear can does come with a removable baffle and will be repackable.

Regards

AJ
Thanks for the reply.

My H2 with the Akrapovic slip-on makes about 105dB and barely scrapes through our noise limits. I could fit the baffle of course.

A friend with an H2R made one run (standing miles) at an Elvington meeting last year and was excluded. His bike measured something like 125dB and this wouldn't be allowed on the majority of UK tracks. We fitted a baffle we'd made but the H2R was still too noisy.

Hoping to de-cat my H2 at some point - but nobody is yet making a system paying attention to the noise reg's we are subject to at UK tracks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bob

Truth be known this is why most track days are being run in Europe as the noise limits are stopping many guys getting 'out' on their bikes!

Once you de cat your bike the noise level will increase of course by something around 5db plus I'd guess.

Bottom line is if you want to confirm to UK's noise regs then you need to keep your system as is and hope the Scrutineer doesn't get too close with the meter!

Regards

AJ

·
Registered
331 Posts
Reactions: H2QIK

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

My H2 with the Akrapovic slip-on makes about 105dB and barely scrapes through our noise limits. I could fit the baffle of course.

A friend with an H2R made one run (standing miles) at an Elvington meeting last year and was excluded. His bike measured something like 125dB and this wouldn't be allowed on the majority of UK tracks. We fitted a baffle we'd made but the H2R was still too noisy.

Hoping to de-cat my H2 at some point - but nobody is yet making a system paying attention to the noise reg's we are subject to at UK tracks.
Has anyone tried the Akrapovic full system yet ? They are claiming a reduction from 118db to 98db with no power loss on the H2R. It also fits the H2 so (presumably ?) you could see the performance benefits of fitting a straight through system without the noise ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
What is the material of this full exhaust system?

and what is the price area?
Im very interested in this, and i hope the pipe diameter is not too small
It looks so but i maybe im wrong;-)

We need all informations ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the part number is the same on akrapovic's H2 and H2r system. In both cases there were slight power gains if you check their specs. I think they are titanium... I would like to know how this system works with the Brock's package .... Would give up maybe 5 hp for quiet ish operation

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the part number is the same on akrapovic's H2 and H2r system. In both cases there were slight power gains if you check their specs. I think they are titanium... I would like to know how this system works with the Brock's package .... Would give up maybe 5 hp for quiet ish operation

Arka with Brock's package without Brock's downloaded maps made 243hp on pump gas and on race gas 257hp. I have not Dyno bike after downloaded Brock's maps

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
The akra is still quiet with the baffle removed. I removed mine. It's the best exhaust if you want something quiet but you will hate it if you want an attention grabber and a monster aggressive sound. It's sounds awesome though at 8k rmp while still being subtle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks PureRacing. Did you run a baseline number before the changes to see the difference? Also do you have power commander or not? I like that it is quiet but don't like the can like part underneath, or the huge muffler part and it's almost twice the price of Brock's ...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are there Better pictures Out there?

What is the price and the material of this exhaust System ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks PureRacing. Did you run a baseline number before the changes to see the difference? Also do you have power commander or not? I like that it is quiet but don't like the can like part underneath, or the huge muffler part and it's almost twice the price of Brock's ...
No I didn't do baseline first. I have
PC5 with Brock's/guhl stage 2 flash. Yes it's plenty pictures of the Akrapovic full titanium exhaust on their website.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Morning Guys

Today we are running the H2 with Full Brocks Stage 2 pack and our new exhaust on the dyno.

We will later share a full video and the comparison between standard H2 (we did this several weeks back) and the Stage 2 with our exhaust post mapping, should be a great day :)

We will also do a noise test and provide this info.

Have a great day

AJ

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AMAZING morning guys and thanks to David Long for coming along to 'witness' what we have managed to achie today with my H2 and our H2R Type exhaust.

Thanks to Dave also for reminding us how to turn the TC off and to Luka for his mapping and dyno skills:)

We noticed on the Base line run that the fuelling was all over the place (reason enough to use a good dyno set up) and after dialling that in to be more consistant Luka set to work!

On the first few runs we managed to nudge 240 bhp using some of the great Brocks Stage 2 kit and continued fine tuning. We used Pump fuel so 95 octane throughout (there's a Shell garage next door)to our workshops.

Then Luka got up to 260bhp, then 272 and I'm jumping up and down! He said there's more and continued and even with the warm ambient temperature and very hot dyno room, we topped out at an amazing 284.89 bhp at 14947 rpm and amazing 78 bhp more than my OEM stock bike produced on this very dyno several weeks ago at 207.08bhp!

My team are confident that if we'd used race fuel (105 octane plus) and a cool ambient temp (early morning) they's be pushing up towards 300!

To say I am thrilled might be an understatement and as soon as I can attach the files and video I will do!

Feel free to contact me for my team to transform your bike with our unique H2R type system and full suite of mods.

AJ

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We also did a Noise test and the results are as follows:

@ 4000 rpm 110 db
@ 6000 rpm 122 db

With baffle fitted

@4000 rpm 89 db
@6000 rpm around 100 I recall

These figures are not as accurate as I would hope and used a hand held device.

Oh, she sounded gorgeous in non baffle form :)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Aston,

Those are GREAT numbers, congratulations!

Please have your dyno operator confirm that his RPM probe is functioning correctly and please do not operate your engine above 14K!

Brock

1 - 20 of 24 Posts