Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys

I have a DNA air filter in my bike, may be a daft question but do I have to buy proper filter oil or just do what I have done for years and apply a smear of engine oil on, personally dont see a problem but I stand to be corrected

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Dude.

Buy filter oil. Think about the thickness of engine oil ,and then the spray on oil like K&N makes.

NOLA.

I had to go back and re-edit this. You're kidding, right ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ok guys

I have a DNA air filter in my bike, may be a daft question but do I have to buy proper filter oil or just do what I have done for years and apply a smear of engine oil on, personally dont see a problem but I stand to be corrected

Cheers Rob
When you buy a DNA filter one of the options you ought to purchase at the same time is the filter oil. It was fairly prominently displayed next to the filter when I bought one for my bike.

·
Registered
393 Posts
and in my DNA box like Bob

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you buy a DNA filter one of the options you ought to purchase at the same time is the filter oil. It was fairly prominently displayed next to the filter when I bought one for my bike.
I got mine with a good discount through my local kwak dealer, didn't think about the filter oil at the time

Its no issue to get some, I was just questioning the use of engine oil in place of, as I've always used it before

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts