Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are two main possibilities for this bike:
Either make it more manageable by making it lose a good part of the thirty kilos that it has too much.
Or turn it into a dragster even if it will never have the power of a turbo engine.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been running 190s and the bike handles IMHO better, It turns in easier and is easier to manage. I have gone through dozens of tires on my H2 and have even tried to go back to the 200s just to see if I could feel the difference. There is a difference.
Thanks for your post.(y)
This confirms my feelings, unfortunately I have only driven very little since I installed the 190 (cold, ice, modifications...)
I'm waiting for better days to really hit it!.
I had already had the same experience with My ZX12R in 1375cc Muzzy's, and there already the change had been very beneficial in handling, without grip problems despite its 18.3 mkg of torque.
I think the 200 is there to flatter the eye of the owner, the proof the H2R is in 190 with 310hp...;)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a good reason the H2r has 190's and it's due to 'lean off knee down' which is done in racing to keep the bike more upright to give maximum grip but most street riders don't do this so the tire is wider (and heavier) to give more grip. There are also changes in the radius of the wheel which is less pronounced the narrower the tire. There are more complex issues at hand but this is basically why high performance street bike tires differ from the track models.
As you seem to have a good technical knowledge of this field.(y)
I ask you the question : Do you think there is a need to have a heavier and less maneuverable 200 for sporty use on the road?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can't ride the H2 to it's full potential on the average road for very long and track riding style (knee down) will eventually involve a broken leg so having more rubber is more practicable even though the un-sprung weight is more. The 200 tire is not there for looks unlike some bikes only have but to get the best out of street riding for the H2. If you hang off your bike street riding (dangerous) then you could use the 190 as you don't need the extra rubber (bike stays more upright) although you won't get the change in road contact circumference (RPM variance) you would with a 200. Draw a circle representing your tire, measure the distance around the tire which represents riding upright, now draw inside smaller and smaller circles which represents lean angle and measure them, see how the engine RPM changes due to final gearing (tire) and the rear wheel take a slightly different track depending on that contact circumference.
Do what makes you enjoy the bike, tire width does matter.
Thanks very much ! I never would have thought of that ! (y)
I will think about it, then try to understand how it feels while riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts