Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 90*F today and 90% humidity. I ran cheap 89 octane gas and stage II gears. The highest I could get the boost temps were 165*F.

Tomorrow I will run C12 race fuel and see those temps drop even lower. Stay tuned. I will also post a video tonight.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thats f-ing cool. I guess the new bar has been set. Now we know the next step in the evolution of the bike's performance.

How was the power output ? I see the new intercooler and wonder with the gigantic internal core if it will disturb the air coming straight up from the supercharger. I know the air has been compressed and its volume charged at that point, but I wonder about that big a$$ square box in the way of the air entering the ports.

NOLA

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats f-ing cool. I guess the new bar has been set. Now we know the next step in the evolution of the bike's performance.

How was the power output ? I see the new intercooler and wonder with the gigantic internal core if it will disturb the air coming straight up from the supercharger. I know the air has been compressed and its volume charged at that point, but I wonder about that big a$$ square box in the way of the air entering the ports.

NOLA
I wonder about that as well. Possible dyno next week.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, I just cant see how a big square block in front of the airflow doesnt disrupt it. I dunno. Not an engineer.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Do you have comparison dyno numbers from before the mod ?

NOLA

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I made a mistake I watched my video and 10 minutes into the session the Boost reached 185*F and hit no more than 192-194*F.

The thing is that the temp drops back down so fast that I didn't see it while on the bike. Tomorrow I will run the good gas and see what the temps are. Also on Monday I will be at a track that should let me get a sniff of 180mph.

Just to reiterate:

90*F ambient
90% humidity
Cheap 89 Octane gas
Engine Ice in the Intercooler
12.6 AFR at 60-80-100% throttle on the map - NOTE: This is 0.6 leaner than what Kawasaki recommends.

The 165*F Boost temp was from an earlier session where I had the AFR meter reading 12.0 at 60-80-100% Throttle points.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HOW loud ? Example ? Cause you KNOW I will have to get one now.

My neighbors will complete their mission of plotting my death then.

NOLA
It's loud bro. The first of many videos is converting now. You'll hear it man.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You might as well post a link to the BOV when you post the video. Save you the time of replying when everyone asks what it is and where you got it.

NOLA

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thats good Nate , your track numbers are so much better than my dyno for real life comparison , my airflow is not enough and why i was looking at a bigger heat exchanger , that droping quick was what i wanted to see ,
I am with Kawasaki on the A/F , inlet temp means nothing for motor safety if your combustion temp is high from a lean mixture

Did you get the maps to support the race gas ? Oxygenated wasnt it ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats good Nate , your track numbers are so much better than my dyno for real life comparison , my airflow is not enough and why i was looking at a bigger heat exchanger , that droping quick was what i wanted to see ,
I am with Kawasaki on the A/F , inlet temp means nothing for motor safety if your combustion temp is high from a lean mixture

Did you get the maps to support the race gas ? Oxygenated wasnt it ?
I'm running the AutoTune today and it's working flawlessly! I know Brock said he wasn't a fan but my throttle is SUPER Crisp. I was able to use 3rd gear in tight corners. It only took 2 sessions for the AutoTune to get me into the ballpark.

When I throw in the race fuel tomorrow it should enrichen the mixture by 0.2-0.4 so that 12.6 will likely drop.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah. Thats gotta be kinda loud.

But what am I missing here. The little squeaky fluttering we all hear when closing the throttle is still there, I thought it would be gone and just the whoosh of air from the new BOV thats open air vented. Why is there still the high pitched fluttering sound right before the BOV opens ?

NOLA

·
Registered
427 Posts
Do you have somewhere quiet where you can run 4th thru 6th to red line and video the IAT results?

Great video!

Thx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Love the YouTube video, thanks for posting it Nate.
My wife walked in while I was watching it on my phone and said "what's that sound when he backs off". She has seen enough of my footage to know it sounded different.

Interesting to see how little you need the gearbox, I mentioned when I had mine at the track that it was like an auto, tons of rev range and more than enough torque to pull all the way through to "omg" at anytime.

Hair stood up on the back of my neck when you first cracked it open... about the same time a big grin came on my face.

Have fun at the track tomorrow.

·
Registered
393 Posts
wow thats some loud sucking of a cigerette going on there noise

Reactions: h2madness!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts