Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out yesterday that kawi is offering a 4yr Warrenty for these bikes , I'm not the kinda person that would usually fall for it but being new and hearing a few little issues , it's tempting. I guess $1450 retail but my dealer would do $1100 . Just wondering what are any of the others are doing ?
I did ask my dealer if the different mods void them , he said ya but we just wouldn't tell if that ever came up

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just found out yesterday that kawi is offering a 4yr Warrenty for these bikes , I'm not the kinda person that would usually fall for it but being new and hearing a few little issues , it's tempting. I guess $1450 retail but my dealer would do $1100 . Just wondering what are any of the others are doing ?
I did ask my dealer if the different mods void them , he said ya but we just wouldn't tell if that ever came up

I had the same question, when asked about warranty voiding, the response I got a similar answer. "How could certain things be proven if kawa Japan isn't doing the work on the mechanical side" However, this being a 1st yr production, it would be good to if you don't plan on dogging it out which takes this back to the proven cause being a mod factor.

It could be a good deal should you ever have to make a claim and it not fall under a recall. Just my opinion. Think of it like dental insurance, great to have and use for basic care but brutal not to have it and then end up needing it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought the extended warranty on mine and I am a dealer. The Kawasaki warranty is the best in the business. I get asked all the time about what will void a warranty. I always answer this way.

If you do anything to your bike that causes a problem. Kawasaki will not pay for that problem.

I have never seen Kawasaki not pay for something they should have. I have seen them pay for things they likely should not have. Will they pay if you blow up your motor because you flashed your ECU? No. Should they? No. If you flash your ECU and the fork seal start leaking, will Kawasaki pay for that fork seal? Yes. I think the Kawasaki warranty is a great value especially if your dealer will discount it for you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
With most new bikes i wouldn't even think twice about extended warranty but with the H2, due to how its powertrain is setup there's no telling what could go wrong down the road. IMO, i rather pay for it and have that peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts