Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer did mention that the H2 has an option for an extended warranty. I thought he said it is about $2200, really can't remember though. Have others bought this, what kind of prices? I am hoping he might give me a break on this since he got full list on the bike. This is a good time for a dealer to chime in on pricing!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
My dealer did mention that the H2 has an option for an extended warranty. I thought he said it is about $2200, really can't remember though. Have others bought this, what kind of prices? I am hoping he might give me a break on this since he got full list on the bike. This is a good time for a dealer to chime in on pricing!!!!
Are you planning on having the ECU flashed? >:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is really the question.. The ecu on its own doesn't void warranty as they have to prove it caused the issue. Which of course they will if they know. Don scratches some things into ecu and puts a sticker on and was locking them. The lock was deferrable on the 10 but it's something to keep in mind. If they look at the ecu they will know. So yeah if your flashing it don't bother but if your not its something to consider

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is really the question.. The ecu on its own doesn't void warranty as they have to prove it caused the issue. Which of course they will if they know. Don scratches some things into ecu and puts a sticker on and was locking them. The lock was deferrable on the 10 but it's something to keep in mind. If they look at the ecu they will know. So yeah if your flashing it don't bother but if your not its something to consider

Guess if it drops a piston that you want to make sure it has a stock ECU in there when you return it for your warranty claim.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
K Care

I asked about the K Care warranty because the leaflet doesn't mention cost. My dealer said it's banded by capacity and he didn't think it would be loaded for the H2. Waiting for him to get back to me but I did wonder about spending the money and then voiding the warranty by modding the bike.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My dealer told me:

1 yr. - $975
2 yr. - $1075
3 yr. - $1200
4 yr. - $1480

Can't remember the exact numbers but this is close.

I don't usually go for extended warranties but due to the nature of this bike and the fact that I will be holding on to it for a while, I am going to pick up an extended warranty on this one.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
243 Posts
Extended warranty from Kawasaki for 4 years $1140

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer told me:

1 yr. - $975
2 yr. - $1075
3 yr. - $1200
4 yr. - $1480

Can't remember the exact numbers but this is close.

I don't usually go for extended warranties but due to the nature of this bike and the fact that I will be holding on to it for a while, I am going to pick up an extended warranty on this one.

Close:
1 yr. $900
2 yr. $1010
3 yr. $1260
4 yr. $1480

The dealer said since it comes with one year already, you have a year to decide and these would be in addition. They offered me the four year for $1100.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am a dealer and I am buying the extended warranty on mine. I buy it on all of my personal bikes. I do it as much for the resale value as peace of mind.

In my 20 years as a Kawasaki dealer, I can tell you that the Kawasaki warranty is very good. I have never seen Kawasaki not pay for something they should have. I have seen them pay for plenty of things they likely should not have.

For me it is a no brainer on this bike. You should be able to get your dealer to discount the warranty for you. Just ask. I would do it for my customers.

My advice. Don't let your dealer sell you a non-Kawasaki warranty.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My advice. Don't let your dealer sell you a non-Kawasaki warranty.

Yep, my friend told me his dealer offered a 5yr extended warranty. I told him to ask is that theirs or Kawasaki's. From reading here, its probably theirs. He didn't mention cost but hopefully he'll see these post as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up the additional 48 month Kawasaki warranty which will cover me to Apr 2020.

After my 10% discount (for buying the H2 at this dealer), I paid $639.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
2 Years In UK

We get 2 years warranty here in the UK. I'm not likely to buy the extended warranty, not for that kind of money if the third year is $1260, because I will be modifying my bike so anything major would most likely not be covered and (hopefully) any recalls would.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We get 2 years warranty here in the UK. I'm not likely to buy the extended warranty, not for that kind of money if the third year is $1260, because I will be modifying my bike so anything major would most likely not be covered and (hopefully) any recalls would.
A 4 year warranty (ie extra 2 years) is £350 in the UK

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As my bike is approaching the one year mark, I got a letter from Kawasaki about buying the extended warranty. I know the dealer has flexibility on the rate and just wanted to freshen this topic up to see what others are paying here in the US. This should help me and others in their negotiating process.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i can testify to the statement by the crow as i am a known customer to his dealership and he sure knows how to take care of me .

·
Registered
393 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts