Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKAY...going over right now to have my friend complete the final welds(2).Should be up and running early eve tonight.This is gonna be GOOD methinks;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
OKAY...going over right now to have my friend complete the final welds(2).Should be up and running early eve tonight.This is gonna be GOOD methinks;)

Must show pics when complete!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looks good Silver very nice job! :)

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yep, that dos look good. What do you about the sound and how loud is it when get on it?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I hate to say this...BUT...I clipped the wires just forward of the adjusters(under the rubber boots).I tried getting the valve to come free trying to loosen that valve bolt.It wasn't gonna budge.So basically,the ECU doesn't know it's not attached.It'll still actuate.Don't know IF that valve does any kind of talking with the fueling or anything...Guess Don can disable that part in the ECU flash.I was surprised at the weight of that cat,and the muffler.I'll weigh her next ride.Surely she's below 500 now.

One good thing...I got to remove the fairings and radiator.(side fairings).It wasn't near as bad as I was thinking beforehand.Now I just need to get my ECU off to Don...not particularly looking forward to pulling that upper fairing out...but it's gotta be done;)

One thing I do like...the header bolts.FINALLY they made em accessible!

I didn't go for a ride...was 11:00Pm.I did start her up earlier though.She sounds....GOOD!Didn't seem unnormally loud or anything.More than the stock muffler,but not bad.

I have a question here for you guys that've done this.Does this mod affect the fueling at all?Will it be 'lean' now?Or can I ride it like this before I get the ECU off to Don?

The Akra muffler comes with a DB killer(installed).It's now got a particular 'GP' growl to it.If I didn't know better,I'd say she's actually idling better.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Akra muffler comes with a DB killer(installed).It's now got a particular 'GP' growl to it.If I didn't know better,I'd say she's actually idling better.
It's not that it's idling better, it's just that you can now hear it idling. A/F ratio will be off but most likely on the top end. You would be safe enough to ride it around moderately until you send off the ECU.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does the bike feel any different in terms of performance, or is it more so the exhaust note that has changed?

It looks great btw. A real good job imo.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Not sure what you mean.650 has a very nice video of his system...virtually the same as mine...Although I used my factory hanger...which meant the length of the total weld system was a bit longer.(midpipe cuts).I'll be riding soon..it's raining now.But the sound is most definitely more in line with what this bike is.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Let me ask you guys here that've done this deal.Is there some kind of particular 'tool' that you are using to get to the header bolts?The first two on the right side were fairly simple...HOWEVER...I ended up having to move the radiator out of the way to get into those mid bolts.There just wasn't enough room to get an allen in those with the fans installed.If I could have removed the fans,it would have worked without removing the rad.I didn't take it all the way out...I pulled the right upper radiator hose off...removed the rad upper attachment bolts,the lower bolt...and kinda moved it forward.Enough to get my hand and allen into those mid header bolts.You guys do it this way?

Just kinda time consuming...that's really about all it was.Plus I didn't want to damage the fins on the backside there.It worked anyway.I noticed Brock used some cardboard on his radiator...I just couldn't get my hand and wrench into those mid bolts.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a question here for you guys that've done this.Does this mod affect the fueling at all?Will it be 'lean' now?Or can I ride it like this before I get the ECU off to Don?

You still have the stock O2 sensor connected?
It looks like it in the pics.
If this is the case,your fueling would not change at all.
The O2 sensor is before the cat,all you've done is removed the cat and muffler,so to my way of thinking your A/F will still be closed loop controlled by the ECU.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You still have the stock O2 sensor connected?
It looks like it in the pics.
If this is the case,your fueling would not change at all.
The O2 sensor is before the cat,all you've done is removed the cat and muffler,so to my way of thinking your A/F will still be closed loop controlled by the ECU.
This would be a good question for Mr. Guhl. But, it is my understanding that the O2 sensor and closed loop operation is in steady state throttle "cruising", which is strictly for emissions reasons only. When the bike starts to accelerate the ECU switches to open loop. It's for this reason that even if a bike has an O2 sensor you should still tune for a proper A/F ratio, particularly at wide open throttle and on the top end since the ECU will be in open loop mode. Once again the O2 sensor and closed loop operation is for emissions only and not performance.
If your not able to take your bike somewhere and get it tuned the PCV with autotune is a great way to go.

Reactions: Larry Seratt
1 - 20 of 32 Posts