Ninja H2 banner

Exhaust shooting flames...help!!!

14K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  MickyP10 
#1 ·
Just spoke to the guy doing my akra system and it's now shooting flames...

Whilst it looks cool I get enough attention from the police on this thing, anyone got any tips on how I can prevent this? It has a straight through (de cat) system and the butterfly valve has been removed, it has been tuned with a Morristech system that does ignition, fuel, timing etc but he says that he can't stop the flames.

He was saying it has something to do with the computer dumping fuel in on the down stroke so when you let off and get back on it it blows flames......actually like a f***ing flamethrower.

Here's the link if you want to have a look. https://www.facebook.com/pages/SR-PRO/107674812587574

Any help would be appreciated :eek:

#4 ·
I remember seeing a dyno sheet with a really fat ~11:1 ration on the bottom. Maybe there for the cooling effect when you close the throttles?

Make a video lighting a cigarette off there :)

Reactions: psi4eva
#6 ·
To be fair I haven't ridden it yet but I don't want to take it out of the shop shooting flames like that. He did say it was to cool the blower or something that's why he can't change it, I would have thought this computer could have changed it but he assures me he can't.

Obviously I don't ride it like a complete f**kwit and rev it like that and let it off but I feel like it shouldn't be doing it???

I've seen some other guys on here that have done virtually the same thing and they have made no mention of a flamethrower after the mods, am I just being paranoid or is something a miss here? I am meant to be picking it up today and just wanted to hear from some guys that have already done the de cat straight through to know if the same thing happened to them?

#9 ·
Personally, I wouldn't ride a bike that was shooting flames out the exhaust pipe. It just doesn't seem very safe to me. That is the stuff of motorcycle shows in the extreme tuning area. It shouldn't be on the street.

Couldn't the police pull you over for something like that?

#10 ·
So the guy from the bike shop called me last night and apparently the aftermarket computer is causing it, it isn't running the correct voltage so it isn't shutting the fuel off quick enough and as a result dumping too much fuel in when you let off. Needless to say I'm fairly pissed as I should have had the bike back weeks ago, it's increased the HP by around 30HP but he thinks it's got more to give.

This hasn't been reflashed and is running all the factory rev limit etc

#13 ·
If people don't talk about you as the guy with that cool H2 Ninja, then they will at least refer to you as the guy with the flaming exhaust. Heck, I wish mine would do that, it would be great around my neighborhood. No really, that is part of the reason I suggest Don Guhl's flash job. Pay your $780 dollars, put the ECU back on and pick up 30 horsepower. It's as cheap and easy as it ever gets.

#14 ·
Maybe its just me but i wont be touching anything until its out of warranty,i have had the Accra slip on fitted,yes its expensive but i havent seen anything else that i like the look of.not keen on shorty pipes as the amount of heat coming out i really dont want that near my rear tyre on a hot sunny day.As for power increases i wont be going there either i am surprised i still have my licence as it is (touches wood)I probably will only do cosmetic changes,tinted screen and maybe some carbon bits,the 3M custom kit for the paint is going to cost me around $600 fitted as it will have full coverage ,taking the bike there next week for a test fit.

#16 ·
So I picked it up yesterday, it gained 23HP he thinks it has gained more but the more he ran it the more it chewed up the rear tyre :( When I went there yesterday there was rubber on the roof of the dyno room, he just couldn't pull it down any harder because of the single sided swing arm.

After they fixed the voltage on the computer it doesn't dump fuel like it was so its not shooting flames (not as big anyway). The computer was built for this bike and runs custom fuel maps, it also has a heap of data logging software in it so it records top speed, top revs, inlet temps etc etc

Basically if I sell this (not likely) or crash it or just decide I want to go back to stock I can just unplug the computer and put a blank plug in its place and it goes back to stock everything.

Took it for a run last night and it sounds awesome and pulls through the mid range even harder, I rolled it on hard and my helmet ended up against my chin it pulled me along that hard.

The final HP produced was at 245HP from 222HP...

Attachments

#18 ·
To be honest I was gonna flash it but then it's flashed and I can't just change it by pulling out the computer. There is no question this is a far more expensive venture doing it this way, the computer was $1,600.00 plus dyno time to tune- $2000.00 in total but it lets me do other stuff to it down the track and I can run different maps and change ignition, timing etc really easily

My other problem was I was having difficulties finding anyone in Aus to flash it, I had found one place but they were still doing it on the first H2 so they couldn't tell me how much it was going to cost, if I flash it down the track I can re tune this computer and I will still pick up about the same HP on top of the flash gains.

It's only money right?!?!?! :D

#22 ·
I took it for a run on the weekend, all the build up came off pretty quickly. I think it looked worse than it actually was because there is still a reasonable amount of tread (as much as the stock tyre has anyway).

On a positive note it isn't shooting flames on the road and it has picked up so much more mid range power, they only downside is I have had to turn the traction control off because even at high revs now the TC wants to intervene and I had trouble pinning it open.

Pretty happy with the mods!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.