Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to remove the radiator?

My allen wrench hit the fans, and the inner fan bolt is inaccessible!

Grrrrr.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes. Drain and remove the radiator.

Do yourself a favor and get a service manual. ...and be careful you don't scratch the front fender.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

First time in 40 years i have had to remove a radiator to install an exhaust :(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Do you have to remove the radiator?

My allen wrench hit the fans, and the inner fan bolt is inaccessible!

Grrrrr.
Best to remove the radiator plus I didn't see how I was going to get a torque wrench in there to torque down the new headers properly with the radiator there.

Not positive what you mean by "inner fan bolt". The main top/side radiator bolts look somewhat inaccessible but all you need a socket extension or for me they loosened w/ a screwdriver handle socket, the bolts are mounted/sit through rubber grommets so not in there super tight.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The top cover fan bolts, that hold the plastic cover - figure 11 in Brocks directions aren't accessible till you remove the side/top radiator bolts, lower bolt (by headers) & lower the radiator.... But I didn't bother to remove the top cover bolts. Drained the coolant (only comes out totally on side stand) , cleared the wiring in the harness on the left side (by where the front of the ram air tube goes) unplugged the fans, removed the radiator hoses & pulled out the radiator w/ the plastic top cover still installed.

I have a service manual, it helped but also says to remove the radiator you need to remove the gas tank to get at the air switching valve, a step I didn't go through.

The side/top bolts that are in this area (the bolt hole) need to be removed, they're accessible w/ a screwdriver handle socket or socket extension:

The bolts that are directly on top of the radiator that hold the plastic cover aren't accessible till you lower the radiator but in any case I didn't see a need to remove them:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
So can you get a service manual for the H2?
Don't remember if you picked up your H2 yet but the service manual was one of the items in my H2 gift pack. Forget why but I have 2, one I'm keeping mint w/ the gift pack, the other don't mind getting grubby. If you need a printed OEM one they're available for sale in places like eBay, etc.

Or just go online to Brocks Performance, this link of theirs has the entire service manual :

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Instructions/H2R/Kawasaki_Ninja_H2_Service_Manual.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts