Ninja H2 banner

Exhaust mod, DNA Filter and Guhl Flash

49K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  kawidrew 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after modding the system and adding the DNA air filter and lastly shedding 32 lbs......it was off to the Dyno. Trailerd her to Don Guhls place and de restricted it and tuned her......we picked up 46 HP for a total of 243.... Hope to get to ride her this weekend and she how she rips.....:D

#6 · (Edited)
First of all congratulations:D and thanks for being a pioneer........
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. I'm assuming the hp you just made is without the baffle/silencer on 91 octane?
2. How loud is the bike now compared to stock.?
3. Of the total hp gain how much of it was the tune and how much was each part/ exhaust, air filter etc. If it's measureable.
4. Did the bike only make gains on the top end or was there some nice gains made in the middle and low end?
5. Price for the tune?
6. Your baseline was 198 hp that was with the slip on, and air filter only? If so what did you make or guestimate your bike made before these add on's?
7. Torque increase?

Thanks, Charles T

PS: thanks for helping the rest of us

#7 ·
I'll be curious as to the air/fuel ratio before and after.

#9 · (Edited)
Nice work and nice number!!! You guys didn't loose anytime. I have my bike for 24 days now and didn't try it yet. It still snowing here this morning!!! It look like mother nature want to keep me waiting forever.

Have Don did any change on the throttle map as your HP output is pretty close to the 237 achieve on Gadson H2R preliminary test with the stock throttle map H2 ECU?

#10 ·
It was a long day for sure with overs 11 hours of drive time just to get back and forth to Don's place. I still need to put her back together and ride her to she how she feels. You can't tell how she is gonna be on a Dyno. We gained 46 total HP with the custom system I made and a DNA air filter. I never tested her with the stock pipe and air filter beacaus I didn't want to have to go to Don's place twice. The first few pulls we 193 up to 198 and then with just the de restrict she jumped up like 26 or so. I'm sorry I don't have exact stuff but there was a lot going on....then we pushed the rpm limiter up to 13,500 and she just up more HP about 8 or so. And then Don did his thing with the fueling maps and brought the RPMs up to 13,800 and she really jumped up. We then pulled out the baffel in the slip on and that with a little more fuel brought her up even more. The baffle is worth about 6/7 HP. The fuel maps were rich in stock form at the top and lean in the middle. Numbers I don't really have. I'm pretty sure it was like 13.8 mid under wot and then 12.3 up top.... But now the maps are nice and smooth for my set up and she runs great...... I'm sure Don will have better info for you guys if ya need it......he's a great guy to work with for sure and he would have kept going and testing but at the end of the day this bike in stock form is more than most need anyway....lol:D

PS this was on 93 Oct pump fuel.....

#19 ·
Thanks Silver!!!! Can't wait to get her back together so I can ride her this weekend!

#12 ·
Great results! I'm sure you will be happy with that extra power!

Are you planning on doing any other mods in the future like a full exhaust or testing different air filters? I was sad to see there were no real baseline runs done with a completely stock bike, it really doesn't tell you if that air filter or pipe is helping you at all. Either way the bike is making great power and I'm sure you will be happy with it!

#17 · (Edited)
yes he's ready to go.... take you time taking it out its a bitch! and make sure you guys buy the DNA filter! is WAY better than stock. Here's a photo of the two side by side.

Reactions: ben1000z
#22 ·
I'm with Garth on this one , I know when I talked to Brock's with my zx14 that they showed better numbers on the stock filter in a certain setup rather than switching out for aftermarket . I'm for sure doing all the mods I can but will waiting til there's a full exhaust system , pc5 tune , and then double check to see if the flash will stay the same ? I know my pc5 will be arriving on Monday . Now it's a waiting game with Brock's ......

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider
#24 ·
It would really interesting to see a stock H2 do some roll ons with your new horsepower gains, on your bike. Did anyone else close by also get an H2. Also do you know if 650ib removed his cat. like yours, that would also be interesting to see a de cat vs a cat, that both have a flash and same pipe setup. Either way I think everyone is sure it's going to be fantastic. One other word any - Video's.

#26 ·
Reactions: ben1000z
#37 ·
I'll just leave this here.... Look I'm all team green but I just don't understand trying to throw out big numbers, the dyno sheet shows the 42.7hp gain. How do you get 243hp? Thats even high if it was read in STD let alone the 258BHP number on the youtube video?

If a dyno reads low it reads low whats the big deal?

When I got there Don told me that his Dyno is "Very Stingy" he said it reads low by 15HP. And that he had a bike on his Dyno ans then put it on Brocks and it was a 15HP difference....the 258 is an estimated crank number from what I've seen in the past. todays goal is to put my girls farings back on and see what 43HP difference feels like.......;)

#36 ·
If my bike had just gone from 185 to 225 horsepower with just a few tweeks, I would be so excited that I wouldn't be able to give you any useful information. That's just a big bump in power no matter how you look at it.

I agree about doing a bunch of changes and then putting it on the dyno. The proper way is to check each change, max it out and then try the next item. It seems the first test would have been to run it stock, then without a filter and then the offshore brand. Try the new exhaust and then maybe one with the baffle out, etc.

#40 ·
Them gains are awesome but now I'm confused ..... Weren't these things dynoed at 205 ? On multiple places all over the world .... And I believe it was rwhp ? I know a setup zx14 on Brock's dyno was pushing 223hp ( I believe it was the Louisville slugger zx14 ) that was rwhp? I'm not calling anyone out , just bringing up conversation because if these things don't push 250 hp all setup it will be disappointing because a zx14 is a million times more comfortable. Should have just bought a h2r instead because I'm not going to be taking it out on long hauls and racking the miles anyhow !

#44 · (Edited)
My 14R made 224.5, on race fuel, on Brock's dyno. Lot's of tweaking, though. Mine has BST's, big throttle bodies, <<0 wt oil, non o-ring chain, etc...my bike is the fastest officially timed 14R on the planet, at 212.89 mph. I am confident that the H2 with similar mods will drag my 14R down the track....

Don's dyno seems to read about 10+ hp lower than Brock's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.