Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has fitted one of these yet? If anyone has do they get any debris between the guard and the radiator? Also does it impeed the airflow to the radiator in anyway and cause the bike to run slightly hotter than usual?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I consider them mainly decorative , do you know anyone who has had a radiator saved due to one of these guards ? Kawasaki are obviously happy to release the bike as it is .
I cannot see it having any significant impact on the cooling efficiency of the radiator but it cannot help .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Supercharged I thought as much. Only asked bc I rode over a kangaroo carcass the other day and as I was cleaning the guts off the bike I noticed the radiator had already got a few stone chips on it. Didnt know if anyone else had noticed any. Thought it was only decorative also

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks Supercharged I thought as much. Only asked bc I rode over a kangaroo carcass the other day and as I was cleaning the guts off the bike I noticed the radiator had already got a few stone chips on it. Didnt know if anyone else had noticed any. Thought it was only decorative also

You don't need a radiator guard you need bull bars ! I've run over a badger on my CBX but you have top trumped me ,at least I had the excuse that mine was moving .
Next time you see a stationary , furry wheelbarrow sized hump in the road treat it as a traffic cone and go round it .

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have fitted the Evotec rad guard and consider it essential.... The roads I ride on in the North of England are full of small rocks. In our bike club (of about 20 riders) we have had 6 radiators holed in the last 10 years, and not one with a guard on it !... and the Evotec is one of the best (certainly the best I've had).

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Does it work?"...haven't had any puntures on my bikes having it...so I guess it is working;)Better safe than sorry.I went with the Cox Rad Guard.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have fitted the Evotec rad guard and consider it essential.... The roads I ride on in the North of England are full of small rocks. In our bike club (of about 20 riders) we have had 6 radiators holed in the last 10 years, and not one with a guard on it !... and the Evotec is one of the best (certainly the best I've had).
That's what I should have asked , "do you know anyone who has had a rad holed WITHOUT a guard" . Don't listen to me I'm an idiot .
Haven't gone for the guard but ordered the evoteck tail tidy tonight as they are now back in stock .

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The rad guard is a piece of insurance.That's how I look at it.Like carrying a tire repair kit(the ones that have the CO2 cylinders).Ya never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts