Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone after riding the bike I wanted to adjust the ergonomics of the bike. The left handlebar switch which has the indicators, horn etc doesn't seem to rotate? I loosened the three cap screws bit it seems locked in position even though it's actually loose on the handlebar. I haven't had a real close look yet but perhaps it has something stopping it from rotating? Anyone had same problem ? I found in the standard position the indicator switch nowhere near my thumb to activate it and find myself lifting my thumb up & "searching" for the lever which is distracting and unnatural.
I also have spun the clutch lever bracket slightly to a better position but the clutch line prevents me from turning to an ideal position. I can't rotate it nearly enough to an ideal position - anyone with similar.... and if so how did you deal with it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I haven't looked at what's on this bike, but switchgear normally has a locating pin that fits into a hole on the handlebar so that it can only be installed in one position.

The brake lines and clutch lines stop the levers from rotating very far but take a look at what part of the brake line is actually hitting something and where. You can get a little more adjustment, at least out of the right one, if you crack the banjo bolt loose and reposition the brake line. If you only loosen the banjo bolt just enough to move the brake line by friction - DON'T loosen the bolt until it is actually "loose!" and don't be applying the brake (fluid pressure) and do this QUICK before re-torquing the banjo bolt - you can do this without introducing air in the system and thus without having to bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, locating pins. How do I know this? A ham-fisted scrutineer managed to break one when he yanked my bike's throttle assembly to see if it was loose. "It is now" was my reply. or something less polite.

I found my thumbs didn't naturally find the switches for my first few rides but they soon learned where everything was and it's all fine now.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou guys....

Yes, locating pins. How do I know this? A ham-fisted scrutineer managed to break one when he yanked my bike's throttle assembly to see if it was loose. "It is now" was my reply. or something less polite.

I found my thumbs didn't naturally find the switches for my first few rides but they soon learned where everything was and it's all fine now.
Thanks to both you answering my question. Yeh I have learnt these days not to force anything until absolutely sure. I am sure with time I will find it natural.
Cheers
Jeffro (Sunny Downunder ;))

·
Registered
5 Posts
At first, I felt the same about the thumb position. I only have just under 800 miles on my 2016 now, but I got used to it pretty quick. For me, the biggest problem in this area is my wrist angle feels off. If I am leaning over real far it aligns better, but without that, it feels off for me. Time will fix that I am sure. My 2014 CBR 1000 doesn't have this problem, but overall I am more comfortable for a longer period of time on the H2. The seat feels better, and the basic ergonomics are more comfortable for me on the H2. I love both, that's why I am keeping both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's awesome, thanks!! They didn't have the 2014 CBR 1000, but they had the 2013 - same bike. It seems really accurate. There is definitely a more aggressive angle on the CBR, which is not as comfortable when street riding for very long. To make it worse, at 41 years old I have bad back issues, hip issues from car accident, nerve issues (very likely carpal tunnel), etc.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am waiting for The slightly higher angle bars to be available.Not that i havent got used to the stock ones just that little bit higher would suit around town.Double bubble tinted screen also looks cool.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
................Double bubble tinted screen also looks cool.
I went for the Zero Gravity Corsa screen. The Double Bubble is very narrow and while it looks cool it actually gives less protection while the Corsa is a little higher than stock but the same width.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I might be interested in the 20mm higher/less angled bars as well.

Re: the Zero Gravity screens, I've tried both the Double Bubble & Corsa. Both screens are the same height in the middle but prefer the Corsa for its more fighter cockpit, smoother appearance & slightly more wind protection at the sides. At around the 10 & 2 o'clock area, the DB slopes/angles down more so there's a 1 1/2" difference in that spot/on the sides where the Corsa is higher. Although the DB has cool design lines that are similar to those on the front cowl.

I took some comparison pictures of the Corsa vs. Double Bubble on & off the bike in this thread :
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-appearance-modifications/15545-zero-gravity.html#post198073

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got used to the switch position pretty quickly and feels comfortable now.
Rode a mate's R1 the other day and the first few corners that I came to when going for the flasher all I kept doing was moving the traction control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts