Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer ordered the ergo fit handle bars for me and today I went to him to have them fitted. When he unpacked them they looked very much like stock en we suspected an error had been made. At home I had a look at the ergo fit handlebar kit ad of Kawasaki and maybe they were the correct ones after all. The difference isn't that great after all...
Can anyone confirm these are the correct -raised- handlebars?
Thx :)

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mine arrived at dealer last week, I've not seen them yet but dealer said they are just angled differently to standard but other than that look the same. Did you also have the optional heavier bar end weights ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
The end weights were offered to me as part of the upgrade... So you guys are paying $350 ? That sounds expensive, I'm sure it's less here but will confirm when I finally get round to doing it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just a bit more info on these.

Installing is pretty easy, just need a couple of allen keys, a security torx and a way of getting the head-stem/top triple-tree nut off.

1: Undo the bolts on the clip-on bars. The 8mm one tightens the clip-ons, the 5mm one is a locator vertical into the top triple tree.
2: Undo the middle bolt on the steering dampener (security torx bit).
3: Undo the clamp bolts on the triple tree
4: Use a 36mm 12 sided socket to undo the head-stem nut.

Head-stem will lift off, replace the clip-ons with your new ones and put it back together.

Easy!

Pics below:

Bars:
Stock bar and "ergo fit". The stock measured 12mm off the bench, the Ergo Fit 34mm so 22mm difference at the very end. Both bars mount the same at one end but lift 3/4" which straightens your wrists more than anything else. It's a far better feel.

Socket:
Wasn't obvious how to undo the pretty 12 point star nut, looked like it was going to be Kawasaki special tool xxxx but a 36mm socket is a great fit as long as you are using a 12 point socket and not a 6 sided one. I doubt you will get an impact socket in the recess so if you are buying one, go for something with thin walls.

Bar Ends:
My dealer said to get these too. I said "I've got bar ends already" to which he said these are different but couldn't tell me what was different as he hadn't seen a set yet. Boy are they different, the stock ones are alloy and 40g each these are steel and 135g each. I can only guess that some whizz kid in Kawasaki determined that with a slightly further upright seating position it was more likely to get a head-shake. Remember we are only talking about an inch difference in body position.

For the sort of riding that most are doing on the H2, these are a great improvement. If you spend most of your time hunched over the tank boy racer style then keep the stock ones, for the rest who do a mixture of highway and twisties these are far better at taking your weight off the outside of your wrists... and you can still go GP star when you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just a bit more info on these.

Installing is pretty easy, just need a couple of allen keys, a security torx and a way of getting the head-stem/top triple-tree nut off.

1: Undo the bolts on the clip-on bars. The 8mm one tightens the clip-ons, the 5mm one is a locator vertical into the top triple tree.
2: Undo the middle bolt on the steering dampener (security torx bit).
3: Undo the clamp bolts on the triple tree
4: Use a 36mm 12 sided socket to undo the head-stem nut.

Head-stem will lift off, replace the clip-ons with your new ones and put it back together.

Easy!

Pics below:

Bars:
Stock bar and "ergo fit". The stock measured 12mm off the bench, the Ergo Fit 34mm so 22mm difference at the very end. Both bars mount the same at one end but lift 3/4" which straightens your wrists more than anything else. It's a far better feel.

Socket:
Wasn't obvious how to undo the pretty 12 point star nut, looked like it was going to be Kawasaki special tool xxxx but a 36mm socket is a great fit as long as you are using a 12 point socket and not a 6 sided one. I doubt you will get an impact socket in the recess so if you are buying one, go for something with thin walls.

Bar Ends:
My dealer said to get these too. I said "I've got bar ends already" to which he said these are different but couldn't tell me what was different as he hadn't seen a set yet. Boy are they different, the stock ones are alloy and 40g each these are steel and 135g each. I can only guess that some whizz kid in Kawasaki determined that with a slightly further upright seating position it was more likely to get a head-shake. Remember we are only talking about an inch difference in body position.

For the sort of riding that most are doing on the H2, these are a great improvement. If you spend most of your time hunched over the tank boy racer style then keep the stock ones, for the rest who do a mixture of highway and twisties these are far better at taking your weight off the outside of your wrists... and you can still go GP star when you want.

Couldn't agree more, huge difference to my comfort and a great modification. I was lazy, paid the dealer to fit them while I waited, 1 hour labor and let them run the risk of scratching my bike!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ayjayef, how much did the bars cost you? I couldn't find them initially online, so I contacted Kawasaki Australia, they said they were listed for the 2017 H2, but obviously retrofit the 2015.

I then contacted the shop I got the H2 from and they looked into it for me - got a call back from them to say they would be $600!!!

Gave it a miss.....

Don.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ayjayef, how much did the bars cost you? I couldn't find them initially online, so I contacted Kawasaki Australia, they said they were listed for the 2017 H2, but obviously retrofit the 2015.

I then contacted the shop I got the H2 from and they looked into it for me - got a call back from them to say they would be $600!!!

Gave it a miss.....

Don.

UK price £184

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ayjayef,

Just spoke to Jim at MJM, he has listed the price of the bars at $347 AUD, the heavier bar ends would take the price to $470 AUD, then shipping. I would need to give my VIN or proof of purchase before they are allowed to order for me. Jim mentioned you found the bar end threads are finer so would probably not be able to mix and match with other brands to keep price lower.

Don.

·
Registered
238 Posts
AU pricing cops GST, still a much better price than your local dealer though.

The VIN number is something weird with Kawasaki Australia. The H2R parts have restrictions on them and you need to own one to order parts, I think Kawasaki must have these listed as "R" parts, not 2017 H2 accessory parts.

As for the finer threads, I'm pretty sure they were the same.
I'll check at home tonight for you tonight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts