Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has anyone figured out the ECB deal? I have mine off and then out it on light and felt nothing??? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yup...did the same thing Some.I'm not exactly sure WHAT it's actually supposed to do.I didn't feel anything either.Not that I could notice anyway.I'm not sure I understand the settings.With it off,there's NO electronic EB happening,right?So selecting anything else is supposed to add engine braking to the mix?I'll try the other setting next time...see how that feels.It may be to decrease any engine braking going on...from factory normal EB to lessening that...IDK.Is that what it's saying in that menu?You know..to smooth out the off throttle slowing effect?Make it less abrupt?

·
Registered
331 Posts
...think back to carburated bike where throttle blades did not completely close and left idle fuel circuit exposed. when you let off throttle it coasted somewhat. ...fast forward to FI and fly by wire with 100% ECU throttle blade control. No need for vacuum to pull idle fuel the blades can more fully close and engine stay running. The control can be tight (off) for hyper control or dampened (on) to simulate old carbs. I didnt like it off but maybe someone likes it?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Okay...thanks for that info.I suspected that.Will try all modes on next ride....as I said...from pickup to the first few rides...mine was off.When I put it on 'light'...I didn't detect any change...but maybe there really was?It's on 'light' right now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Anyone figure this out yet? Manual is confusing.

KEBC :
"OFF = Normal
LIGHT = Smallest"

Huh?

1) What does it do in each setting.
2) Which one is the HA! (Haul Ass setting)?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
...think back to carburated bike where throttle blades did not completely close and left idle fuel circuit exposed. when you let off throttle it coasted somewhat. ...fast forward to FI and fly by wire with 100% ECU throttle blade control. No need for vacuum to pull idle fuel the blades can more fully close and engine stay running. The control can be tight (off) for hyper control or dampened (on) to simulate old carbs. I didnt like it off but maybe someone likes it?
AH HA! So it doesn't have anything to do w limiting power,wheelie control or braking the engine under acceleration, it's just for off-throttle? I've had it OFF, guess I'll try LIGHT and see what it feels like.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I switched mine off...it seemed like it engine braked more smoothly.I think the 'light' setting means...MORE engine braking...contrary as that sounds.Not 'less'(below normal).

'Light' as opposed to 'heavy'...I think that's what they mean.Not less than normal.Mine felt somewhat 'jerky' with it on 'light'...switching it 'off' stopped that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I though the idea of KEBC was rather like the slipper clutch, to stop the back end snapping out of line.

Although being an LSR rider it doesn't play a very important part in my discipline.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Light setting means less engine braking. It does make a difference for sure.
Spot on ....

On an unfamiliar twisty road when your ' making progress' and you're just past the apex waiting to get heavily into the gas (above 6000 rpms or so), the KEBC 'Light' setting reduces the engine braking to smooth things out a bit.

If however , you're just cruising along rolling on and off the throttle, the KEBC 'off' setting allows the bike to slow a bit more on a closed throttle so you don't need to brake as often.

Kawasaki seem to imply "Track" for the first scenario and "Road" for the second.

All IMO , YMMV etc.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Due to this thread confusion I think K blew it naming this features settings. Off should be HIGH or ON as in more most engine braking. And light should be LOW or OFF as in less engine braking. ..Its not an apple product for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had it off, but turned it on today.. its great.. if you find it hard to stay at a steady throttle, or just want it to glide more.. this is what you want on.. when its off.. the throttle is aggressive and the engine really breaks hard.. but with it on light.. itll coast for ages.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had it off, but turned it on today.. its great.. if you find it hard to stay at a steady throttle, or just want it to glide more.. this is what you want on.. when its off.. the throttle is aggressive and the engine really breaks hard.. but with it on light.. itll coast for ages.
I have my bike a month, 1000 miles hit yesterday, have had it OFF the whole time, going to switch it to LIGHT today from what you & the other folks are posting sounds like it would be better on LIGHT for every day/the road. I didn't buy an H2 for saving gas but from what you describe sounds like LIGHT would maybe increase mpg quite a bit too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the info, will try to set to 'light' and test tomorrow, cheers

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ok, I know this is an old thread

If any of you have ever rode a big V twin (I have a VTR1000SP1(RVT across the pond) you will no doubt be aware what engine breaking is

I have mine on off (more intrusive) on the H2 as I like it to compliment my riding style

Rob

·
Registered
874 Posts
It slightly lessens the engine braking effect during closed throttle operation. I definitely noticed the on/off throttle abruptness get better when I turned on KEBC.
First time reading this thread, this ^ is correct. When we were doing our throttle mapping for better throttle control we went to KEBC LIGHT and I've had it there ever since. If you are a roadracer you want this setting on. If you are a straight-line guy and you like to "wack" your throttle and feel the kick of the supercharger then leave it off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts