Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
So, the concept is the H2/R frame and motor with crazy pipes and a new skin. Interesting... The 2016 looks kinda blah, not enough color pop/accent color. I'm sure the pics dont do it justice like most pics didn't do justice for the 2015.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So, the concept is the H2/R frame and motor with crazy pipes and a new skin. Interesting... The 2016 looks kinda blah, not enough color pop/accent color. I'm sure the pics dont do it justice like most pics didn't do justice for the 2015.
The 'concept' above is not from Kawasaki - it was done by a bike building shop as a project.

Agreed on the 2016 models looking a little bland - I'm glad I got the 2015 bike !

·
Registered
208 Posts
The 'concept' above is not from Kawasaki - it was done by a bike building shop as a project.

Agreed on the 2016 models looking a little bland - I'm glad I got the 2015 bike !
Looking forward to the Milan show this Sunday :) Will be interesting to see how the 2016 compares to my '15 :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My Screamin Eagle Electra Glide had a dash panel that had similar metal flake paint, only part of the bike/ paint scheme I hated, even when perfectly clean it looked dusty/dirty like how the 16s gas tank looks in that picture. The newer CVO Harleys have dash panels that are gloss black, they stopped doing the metal flake so bought one of those panels and switched it out.

It was an idea to maybe add the 16 H2R & try and register it but seeing the these pictures, it really does look sub par compared to the 15 H2R, the silver frame and especially the silver decals just don't look as sinister as the green to me at all, it's meh.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is it just the angle of the pic or does the 16 not have the metal flake on the side fairings? I can see the spark paint on the tail, front cowl, tank but the side fairings look like the 15s in the picture at least.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Agree 100%. Had the look of the 2016 been the 2015 and the 2015 been the 2016 and I bought the 2015, I would be disappointed now.

I like my 2015 much better. Glad I got the 2015.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I kinda like that Diavel...Big..beefy.Looks comfy too.Not too keen on the 'emergency room' silver clips on there though;)
I really like the new look, it looks even more aggressive than the previous model. It does look Big, Beefy but was surprised that it actually weighs less than an H2. That 240 rear tire, man! There's electronic updates plus more lower rpm grunt, now belt driven. If you don't like the engine highlights then you could get the XDiavel which looks slightly different, matte paint, different wheels, brake calipers, picture here. I'd go w/ XDiavel S though. I always wanted a muscle bike like the VMAX, just never pulled the trigger, think this looks bad ass and sure it's even better in person.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
LOL...probably maybe just overspray em...no big deal.The rear fender thing would probably go as well...nice tail tidy on there.But yeah...it looks really good.Belt drive?That's okay.Beats havin to clean and all that.It's a cool bike for sure.
Less weight than an H2?...even better.Guess you'd have to stay with a 240 rear.Wonder how it handles...good enough I imagine.I'm getting more and more away from railing at triple digits all the time.Almost impossible to do with my H2.

Just looked at their site...it's chain driven...still okay.Fuel tank capacity...4.5.Could be better IMO....but probably does fine mpg wise.Guess that's the Carbon Diavel that has the chain...not the X.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts