Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you open your owners manual to page 105, read about the Event Data Recorder, I can only imagine what these little devils will give away in the event of errr... a accidents at super legal speeds. Anyone care to comment ? Can these little buggers be disabled ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
577 Posts
If you open your owners manual to page 105, read about the Event Data Recorder, I can only imagine what these little devils will give away in the event of errr... a accidents at super legal speeds. Anyone care to comment ? Can these little buggers be disabled ?

Rhody...
I suspect it is really linked to 'liability management' by Kawasaki - ie customer says he was doing 30mph with all electronics switched on when he touched the throttle and the bike went out of control - and EDR shows the traction control had been disabled, he grabbed a huge handful in second gear and looped it !

·
Registered
267 Posts
The last sentence in the book on the EDR,
Kawasaki will not access or share the EDR information without obtaining your consent,unless legally obliged to do so.

Even though it also says the information is overwritten and erased when the ignition is off my Dealer told me he can check to see what the max revs I've used and speed,but he can also erase that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last sentence in the book on the EDR,
Kawasaki will not access or share the EDR information without obtaining your consent,unless legally obliged to do so.

Even though it also says the information is overwritten and erased when the ignition is off my Dealer told me he can check to see what the max revs I've used and speed,but he can also erase that.
Thanks Flipr, nice to know only the dealer and Kawi can throw you under the bus...

·
Registered
574 Posts
My guess is one of the guys doing ECU work will be able to handle all of that history stuff for us real easily. Actually, I wonder what they could do if I took the bike in with a bum motor and they saw I had run it for 90 seconds at 13,000 rpm, what could they say? Racing, no I was on a lonely country road just minding my own business ......

Reactions: OneArmBandit
1 - 5 of 5 Posts