Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MotorSport ECU Tuning | ECU Reflashing | ECU Remapping | Chip Tuning ? ECUnleashed Tuning Technology: The Go To?To Go Fast Company | Product Categories | KAWASAKI

MotorSport ECU Tuning | ECU Reflashing | ECU Remapping | Chip Tuning ? ECUnleashed Tuning Technology: The Go To?To Go Fast Company | Kawasaki H2 ? ECUnleashed Reflash 260 HP !!!!!

I can't find the link on the first link above, but a Google search turns up this.

The second link was posted 1/26/2016. Has anyone purchased this tune and do they have any feedback ? I want to know if it makes the bike more un-rideable (or not) at the track.

I will let you know what I think in a month or so after I get a chance to try it.

Thanks...

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
On the site your second link goes to the picture shown is an H2R, The title says "H2" while the text claims " goes from 202bhp to 261bhp.

A bit of confusion between the two bikes !!!

Also it doesn't tell you that you need to change the H2 exhaust system to get this power gain.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read in another thread about owners who have reflashed their bikes having problems with the clutch at very low miles due to the increased power. Anyone else care to share their story on what time of riding caused the clutch to fail at such low miles ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Performance upgrades

I have read in another thread about owners who have reflashed their bikes having problems with the clutch at very low miles due to the increased power. Anyone else care to share their story on what time of riding caused the clutch to fail at such low miles ?

Rhody...
Ok so I have read a lot about People wanting to up the power of the H2, and for the love of money cannot understand why, unless you want to perhaps blast it down the 1/4er.. This bike blitsez any other road bike, and I have a few very fast ones in my garage.. I have also taken this monster on a few track days and pretty much blitz any other road bike.. my favourite was a track martial on a new R1.. I must admit, that perhaps the exhaust is not to everyones take, but changing this really adds to the sound and looks, but I have left mine, I like the quirkiness of it.. Anyway happy blasting around no matter what you do with your monster..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ok so I have read a lot about People wanting to up the power of the H2, and for the love of money cannot understand why, unless you want to perhaps blast it down the 1/4er.. This bike blitsez any other road bike, and I have a few very fast ones in my garage.. I have also taken this monster on a few track days and pretty much blitz any other road bike.. my favourite was a track martial on a new R1.. I must admit, that perhaps the exhaust is not to everyones take, but changing this really adds to the sound and looks, but I have left mine, I like the quirkiness of it.. Anyway happy blasting around no matter what you do with your monster..
Guess the question can be kinda the same from the guy who owns that R1 or any bike asking himself why on earth would someone need the power of a stock H2?

For me I really wanted the bike the way Kawasaki invisioned & engineered it. Look at stock dyno charts, the bike flatlines at 10.8k rpm, instead of redline, it's VERY restricted, more so than any other bike. Throttle bodies close down to I think about 30% at 13.8k rpm. But the bike, the engine, trans, etc. was engineered to handle 1.5 -2.0 times the power of other 1k cc bikes, it was designed, engineered to handle the same hp/tq as the H2R & then some & I paid $ for that degree of engineering & parts so why leave so much power on the table because of legal & emissions bs........The real value IMO of the H2 is not just what it is stock but what it's actually capable of with the correct combination of proven bolt ons. ...Stock the bike is fast and the way it makes power compared to other machines is great but w/ the bolt ons that's where the H2 REALLY separates itself from other sport bikes. With the flash the bike continues making power to redline (as intended & should be) instead of being held back, chocked by govt. emissions & legal crap......Also the sound of the oem exhaust plus the 36lbs of weight & the size of it hidding all that single sided swingarm goodness is a shame, again needed to pass legal bs but really hurts the bikes looks & what it's capable of sounding & performing like. Brocks/Guhls flash + PCV & Brocks full exhaust turns a great bike into the beast as it could have been, should have been from the factory.

I freakin love the feeling how hard the bike pulls now, to understate things the difference is not unnoticeable. I had mine for about 4000 miles stock, fun bike, fast yes but no where near as fast or pulled as hard as it does now, runs better too, combine that with the sound, omg it's just nirvana. Different strokes for different folks, stock, flashed to each their own but imo it's almost a shame not to feel it set-up properly flashed, to experience what the bike is really capable of.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Guess the question can be kinda the same from the guy who owns that R1 or any bike asking himself why on earth would someone need the power of a stock H2?

For me I really wanted the bike the way Kawasaki invisioned & engineered it. Look at stock dyno charts, the bike flatlines at 10.8k rpm, instead of redline, it's VERY restricted, more so than any other bike. Throttle bodies close down to I think about 30% at 13.8k rpm. But the bike, the engine, trans, etc. was engineered to handle 1.5 -2.0 times the power of other 1k cc bikes, it was designed, engineered to handle the same hp/tq as the H2R & then some & I paid $ for that degree of engineering & parts so why leave so much power on the table because of legal & emissions bs........The real value IMO of the H2 is not just what it is stock but what it's actually capable of with the correct combination of proven bolt ons. ...Stock the bike is fast and the way it makes power compared to other machines is great but w/ the bolt ons that's where the H2 REALLY separates itself from other sport bikes. With the flash the bike continues making power to redline (as intended & should be) instead of being held back, chocked by govt. emissions & legal crap......Also the sound of the oem exhaust plus the 36lbs of weight & the size of it hidding all that single sided swingarm goodness is a shame, again needed to pass legal bs but really hurts the bikes looks & what it's capable of sounding & performing like. Brocks/Guhls flash + PCV & Brocks full exhaust turns a great bike into the beast as it could have been, should have been from the factory.

I freakin love the feeling how hard the bike pulls now, to understate things the difference is not unnoticeable. I had mine for about 4000 miles stock, fun bike, fast yes but no where near as fast or pulled as hard as it does now, runs better too, combine that with the sound, omg it's just nirvana. Different strokes for different folks, stock, flashed to each their own but imo it's almost a shame not to feel it set-up properly flashed, to experience what the bike is really capable of.
Couldn't agree more!:D

The whole point of the H2 program was to produce the R model to full potential, prove what can be done when there is no intervention, then neuter it to show what HAS to be done to keep bureau/safety crats happy...:(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice post Stradale,

I spoke to the ECU Unleashed Rep and he said so far he has only a hand full of folks who used their flash, and obviously, no one on this forum. He did mention some customers outside of the US however.

That being said, for me I it is more about being on a deserted section of road near sunset on a warm balmy day, and doing a progressive series of pulls, warming the tires and playing in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gears after making a test run to check road conditions, police, etc... I have +1 on the countershaft sprocket on the H2 and my BMW S1000RR. I prefer the smooth feel and feedback and sound I get from the H2 versus the BMW. I have an Akrapovic and gutted CAT on the H2 and a Taylor exhaust on the BMW and prefer the H2 sound. The quickshifter on the H2 is more precise and quicker.

I will be dropping the H2's forks 5 mm for track days this year and sticking with slicks on the BMW and a 190 rear sticky street tire for the H2 for better transitions in the corners. Most of the tracks I go to have pretty much a 4th or 5th gear limit on straights, so the quicker extra power of the H2 will be interesting to say the least. Most of my fun to be had on the track is between 50 - 130 mph, but the acceleration is where the "Buzz" is, not the top speed. Once I get everything sorted out in a month or so I will report back.

Palmer MA, Trackday
Palmer MA, Trackday

Rhody...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good taste in leather Rhody ... I got a Vanson jacket in London ... great shots.
"Gutted Cat" can you elaborate on how/what that entails?
R

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sure, remove the CAT, bore and add a straight pipe through it, weld together, pretty simple.

Vanson makes a nice, safe set of leathers, I have seen old ones in their shop that have been crashed at over 150 mph. No tears at any seams. Well made.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks Rhody. Those are some great track pics of you & your H2.

I'll be back at New Jersey Motorsports Track, Thunderbolt in 3 weeks (April 10th.) Most of the track is 2nd-4th gear for the H2 but there's a half mile straight part of the 2.25 mile course. Last year I was hitting speeds of 175 (indicated)when the bike was stock and not really hitting it hard..... For the street & higher speed, I'm into the early morning rides, 3/4am Waze on for Police alerts & my Valentine 1. Like you said we usually take it easy first ride through then go back. The flash especially comes into its own in the higher gears. What I REALLY want to do is the mile at Loring Maine, hoping to get the bike sorted out to pass that inspection & go this year.

Think I already posted these a while back but few pics from 2 track days at Thunderbolt in September:

Vanson fan here too. I have a traditional/Police Vanson that I own now 25 years, it's what I wear when out on the Harleys.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rhody,
Have you sent your ecu off to ECU unleashed yet? If show how goes it?
Derek
Derek,

Should be back this week, then a couple pulls on he dyno to show HP, Torque curves, I will report back. Then off to track days with the BMW and H2 this summer. From last years limited exposure of the H2 to the track, I found it easier to ride on the track, even with the extra power and weight and lack of turning ability. Go figure...

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
H2 is going on the dyno tomorrow, depending on the temperature and humidity, I predict somewhere in the range of 240 hp at the rear wheel on 89 pump gas. Stay tuned, I will post the three dyno curves.

Rhody...

·
Registered
867 Posts
H2 is going on the dyno tomorrow, depending on the temperature and humidity, I predict somewhere in the range of 240 hp at the rear wheel on 89 pump gas. Stay tuned, I will post the three dyno curves.

Rhody...
Good luck man hope it goes great for ya! :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
To be fair, after dyno run, I am confused, 14 k rpm redline, check... no increase in hp/torque, will trouble shoot on Monday, haven't ridden it yet to report. New Pirelli diablo super corsas on front and rear, front suspension raised 3mm. Sato rearsets installed, need some tweaking. One thing at a time. Have to recalibrate my brain from the slow BMW S1000RR, lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To be fair, after dyno run, I am confused, 14 k rpm redline, check... no increase in hp/torque, will trouble shoot on Monday, haven't ridden it yet to report. New Pirelli diablo super corsas on front and rear, front suspension raised 3mm. Sato rearsets installed, need some tweaking. One thing at a time. Have to recalibrate my brain from the slow BMW S1000RR, lol.
That's weird that even thought the redline is at 14k no increase . Unless the redline was just increased but the restrictions are still in the ecu.... Odd indeed . Good luck , keep us posted !

1 - 20 of 44 Posts