Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has had their H2 on the dyno, where are you clipping the rpm sensor? Also, where are you attaching the straps? I want to get a baseline on my bike, soon.

I have hundreds of dyno pulls on various bikes, but nothing on the H2, yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We put the clip on a spark Plug lead, just pulled the insulation sheath back a bit and used the frame to strap it down.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We put the clip on a spark Plug lead, just pulled the insulation sheath back a bit and used the frame to strap it down.
Let's just say, theoretically, I was a total idiot and haven't spent enough time to figure out which wire is the spark plug lead. Any chance you could point it out in a photo? I'm sure my dyno guy knows what he's doing but I at least want to start building a basic understanding of what's going on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
On the #1 cylinder (clutch side), at the spark plug....(top of engine). Each cylinder is in line with the exhaust pipe coming out (there are four).

Remove the insulation from the coil wire. The dyno clamp will go to the black wire (there is a black and a red). If you need more info, pm me.

Here is my update:

Got a little riding in on the H2, over the weekend. Tripped over 500 miles. Also got a dyno baseline, no flash or PC-V, 93 pump, 198 STD on a conservative dyno ((my stock Gen 2 Busa made high 160's on the same dyno, my stock 14R (with<<0 oil), low 190's)).

I should mention, the 198 was without being strapped, either. I am certain that cost a few hp...but I am not too worried. Once I do the next round of mods, always strapped, and tire pressure measured. We're going to make some power!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks! I was away from my bike so I couldn't quite visualize it. Took one look at it and realized it was super obvious, haha. Many thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts