Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
added a few parts, stacks, stage 3 gears, and the H2R fuel pump
did a dyno run yesterday, here's a 40 sec video I shot

taking her out for a canyon run tomorrow (if the roads are dry) and I'll let you know how she feels

Reactions: robby9999

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
674 Posts
Vid looks good, but i am concerned you will hurt something with that gearing and no additional measures against detonation

·
Registered
258 Posts
The bigger fuel pump is may a good step1 to prevent expensive problems with SC gears
but i think a intercooler as step2 is very important too

Its good and safe to have both steps if you run the gears in this beastlybeauty bike...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm running a similar setup Brock's full exhaust power commander and Stage 2 ECU Flash. I installed the rg62 stage 2 kit and when we Dyno Tuned the bike made real good power up until 11500. At that point the bike had a drastic drop in power then continue to climb but was not real clear on the power graph. We could not get it to clean up with air fuel kind of suspect the bike is trying to go into detonation. I would be real cautious about running gears without an intercooler. I have seen other Dyno graph with the same setup - the ECU flash with added timing. And none of them drop like my bike did at 11500. It would probably be ok without the added timing but is it really worth risking it

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update..

Took her out for out Sunday canyon run this morning and OMG this bike is a F'n MONSTER! I've never felt anything like it before. The guys I was riding with have been used to my H2 power, but they were blown away today.

You did a dyno run but arent sure of the numbers ? NOLA
Yeah I knew this question would follow.. ok here's the deal, the first 2 dynos we did at Lee's Cycle and made 240rwhp. After this stage3 build that dyno was not available so we had to use another one in town. It read 250rwhp and we were like WTF?? When we asked the owner he said yeah this dyno has always read really low, in some cases after mods and bikes are reading less than what stock should be. So we plan to do a quick run on the Lee's dyno at some point, regardless of the number it reads I will be able to measure how much HP we increased since the last set of mods. But I have no doubt it's somewhere close to 270.

i am concerned you will hurt something with that gearing and no additional measures against detonation
I don't know what that is but I am going to take your concern to my guy (mechanic) and look into this. thanks.

i think a intercooler ..
I will take that to my guys as well and see what he says. On my hard run today (which was about the same as running on the track) I had the engine temp displayed at all times and it was surprisingly low, usually in the 170s f and highest I saw was 201f and that is normal. BUT it's only 66deg f here today, this might be a different story in the summer when temps are over 100d here.

the bike made real good power up until 11500. At that point the bike had a drastic drop in power then continue to climb but was not real clear on the power graph.
did not have this same issue, my bike is well tuned and screams power all the way through the powerband. On a number of occasions today I rung her out through all the gears up over 190mph and no flat spots, she's well tuned. Only thing we have left to do is throttle mapping which we are dedicating tomorrow to.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I will take that to my guys as well and see what he says. On my hard run today (which was about the same as running on the track) I had the engine temp displayed at all times and it was surprisingly low, usually in the 170s f and highest I saw was 201f and that is normal. BUT it's only 66deg f here today, this might be a different story in the summer when temps are over 100d here.

They are talking about the the Inlet Temps not the engine temps. If your inlet temps get too high you will have issues. May want to look into adding an intercooler or Meth kit

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
674 Posts
Simplest safeguard would be the water/methanol injection, even straight water is good to reduce detonation,

Basically when you change the SC gearing you are pushing more air into the cyls
you have taken a good step with the fuel pump to ensure the fuel supply is good to match
but the other thing that happens is to effectively increase your compression ratio , if this was an Naturally Aspirated bike you would be looking for better octaine fuel and call it good,
But with supercharged your doing the effective compression increase in style and taking big steps , so additional methods are needed , intercooling overcomes the increased heat generated by compressing air and increases density of the charge in the cylinder ,
water injection both cools the inlet air and provides a medium that resists detionation, but it does not help the density of the cyl because you offset volume gained by cooling with conversion of water to steam (you want that conversion as its what takes the heat out )

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are talking about the the Inlet Temps not the engine temps. If your inlet temps get too high you will have issues. May want to look into adding an intercooler or Meth kit[/QUOTE]

got it. I'll check into it, thanks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fantastic info Oz, much appreciated! I've printed that out and will discuss with my builder.

Are you still running stock timing. I think that's where my issue is.
as far as I know yes, but I'll ask tomorrow when we go out to do the throttle mapping.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Racer172 - Interesting beast build. And those HP #'s are still w/ stock rev limit./?

You hear a lot of hand wringing on the net from people that aren't really familiar w/ these bikes, that they're not that fast compared to NA bikes like the 14 or RR, if they only really knew... Or you get the; 'well it has a blower, if you put a turbo on a Busa, mod the motor' blah, blah, yeah but, lol, that ain't the same thing, is it..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simplest safeguard would be the water/methanol injection, even straight water is good to reduce detonation,
Oz one thing I'm curious about is how come the H2R doesn't have this cooling system?

Racer172 - Interesting beast build. And those HP #'s are still w/ stock rev limit./?
yeah we kept it stock at 13,000

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oz one thing I'm curious about is how come the H2R doesn't have this cooling system?

yeah we kept it stock at 13,000
I'll let OzBooster answer but I would think because the stock H2R has the same super charger gears as the H2 so inlet temps aren't as high as with modded/Stage gears.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Interesting question, H2R with lower compression standard but otherwise same boost & not as restricted probably hints even the stock H2 SCgear bikes that are derestricted are pushing the limits of recommended octane fuel

1 - 20 of 51 Posts