Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I would be able to afford an H2, but here we are. I've bought the Kawasaki Netherlands demo for a reasonable price. So now I'm member of the exclusive H2 club too :)
The first ride on the H2 brought all the motorcycling excitement back. I've been riding for over 35 years now, but this bike is something else >:D
I hope to learn a lot on this forum on how to keep the bike in shape, what the best accessories are, etc :D
I keep a blog about my H2 here:Weblog Ninja H2

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey- Well done! The list Euro price is lower than the UK by 3000 Euro / to start with. Why does the UK pay through the nose? ... and then you got less than that even with the Ackro. Sounds great by the way.

I am still riding a ZX12R and yes that has a snatchy throttle even with a PC and Ackro. Keeps you respectful. How do you rate the cornering of the two bikes? I mean my huge BMW K1200 RS two up with luggage corners easier than the 12R! But with Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT 190's it totally transformed the lean in over a 200 on both bikes but especially the 12R. I've been riding since '69 and a set of these cost more than my 1st bike.
Anyway enjoy while winter is still so mild. 16 C here today.

Mine arrives April/May. Enjoy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Redshift, it's been I while since I rode a ZX-12R, but I think the H2 corners easier.
Maybe I can have another ride tomorrow. And that in the middle of the 'winter' :)
I wish you a lot of patience for the long wait until april/may ;)

·
Banned
546 Posts
Welcome Derox! Small world, I just gave my wife one of your ovens for Christmas. (Wait for it....)

The ZX12R is epic in the turns as long as you've tossed the 200 rear and put on a 190. I still have mine. Recently rode the two back to back and there's no way to sugar coat it; the ZX12R is a moped compared to the H2. Still a wonderful bike that goes fast and handles great (kinda like Chris Farley - big but shockingly agile) but there's just no comparing it to the H2. I did just put a new set of Pirelli Supercorsas on the 12R and went out to scrub them in. Those tires are the bees knees. They never get upset no matter what you throw at them or how hard.

The H2's greatest handling detriment is from the riders lack of testes. I'm sure I could lean much farther, much faster, much harder on the throttle but is the risk vs the reward? By that point I've already seen high triple digits before I even left my street, had my fill of mingers and my heart rate is 150BPM, do I really need to push my luck?

·
Registered
317 Posts
never thought i would be able to afford an h2, but here we are. I've bought the kawasaki netherlands demo for a reasonable price. So now i'm member of the exclusive h2 club too :)
the first ride on the h2 brought all the motorcycling excitement back. I've been riding for over 35 years now, but this bike is something else >:d
i hope to learn a lot on this forum on how to keep the bike in shape, what the best accessories are, etc :d
i keep a blog about my h2 here:weblog ninja h2

welcome from hkg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts