Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before anyone says it, I am aware their are many options for exhaust for our bikes but the only one I want is the h2r. It's not (supposed to be) available to none h2r owners and if it was it costs nearly £8000. So, after speaking with several people at the motorcycle live show on Wednesday, I have a plan. I am told that akrapovic made the original h2r exhaust and there fore the manifolds are identical, don't know how true this is? But let's face it, you won't improve on akrapovic and it's titanium so will do the job. Next up, that silencer. I was talking with a well known exhaust builder who said it will be very hard to copy exact. I may have found someone willing to sell me one for circa £1500. So, my plan is, get akra manifold and original silencer and then join them up! Can't be hard to link them? What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is their anyone here who can get me a good price on akra? Or a better price on that h2r silencer?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok, before anyone says it, I am aware their are many options for exhaust for our bikes but the only one I want is the h2r. It's not (supposed to be) available to none h2r owners and if it was it costs nearly £8000. So, after speaking with several people at the motorcycle live show on Wednesday, I have a plan. I am told that akrapovic made the original h2r exhaust and there fore the manifolds are identical, don't know how true this is? But let's face it, you won't improve on akrapovic and it's titanium so will do the job. Next up, that silencer. I was talking with a well known exhaust builder who said it will be very hard to copy exact. I may have found someone willing to sell me one for circa £1500. So, my plan is, get akra manifold and original silencer and then join them up! Can't be hard to link them? What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is their anyone here who can get me a good price on akra? Or a better price on that h2r silencer?
Akra heads and H2R muffler? It won't work, you miss the collector first. Akra did the original H2R exhaust? Mmmh I don't think so, actual craftmanship of the two headers is really different. The OEM H2R has typical japanese craftmanship, so I believe it's made by an high end japanese manufacturer, I'd be surprised if it's made by Akrapovic, and even if there's a way to join them, consider 1800€ for the can, 1400€ for the collector, roughly 2000€ for Akra heads bought as spare plus fittings and springs you will go around 5200€, and you can't be sure that will work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking akra all the way to muffler then cut out resonator and have a link pipe made to meet up to h2r rear? Pricey yes but no other options for this setup

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm thinking akra all the way to muffler then cut out resonator and have a link pipe made to meet up to h2r rear? Pricey yes but no other options for this setup
I don't like this cut n shut works, It's way better to buy the H2R exhaust at this point, but that is just a my opinion.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think if this can work it will cost me around £4000 vs £8000 for full h2r. I will see what the exhaust builders opinion is as he has made many full systems for super bikes in titanium

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My first thought was it wouldn't be worth it, by the time you're done you should figure out how to get a whole H2R exhaust but wasn't there a performance issue on why you shouldn't use an H2Rs pipe on an H2? Didn't Brock initially want to use the H2Rs pipe diameter in creating his full exhaust but found there was power loss by doing so? Interesting that Akrapovics after market pipe for the H2R is identical to Akrapovics pipe for the H2's, same part #S-K10E3-HX2C .

But dunno, maybe you're on to something. Either Akrapovic made the H2Rs exhaust as your guy said or they made their headers to follow similar lines but I've never compared the Akrapovic & the H2Rs side by side in person. There are differences that can be seen, the H2Rs OEM pipe vs. Akrapovics like the welds on the Akrapovics headers, the OEM H2R exhaust doesn't have them, etc.

So you're thinking of ordering the #2 headers, #4 collectors & #11 2 into 1 pre-muffler & cutting off the pre-muffler & fabricating a mid pipe from there to an OEM H2R muffler. Pricey considering Parts + labor + maybe also factor in dyno tuning but could be pretty cool.

u

1 - 9 of 9 Posts