Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are changing to E85 or adding more boost, it is highly recommended to upgrade the fuel pump to a higher flow and higher pressure pump to keep up with the fueling requirements. I haven't seen an install review done yet, so I figured I would save some of you time by showing you how easy it can be. I have found the AEM 50-1200 pump works the best. It has a flow rate of 320 lph at 43 psi. This pump is compatible with gasoline, ethanol, and methanol fuels. It also has a housing that is not too long and the fuel strainer does not interfere with the pump housing. The Walbro brand pump strainer contacts the housing an requires cutting and modifying to the pump assembly in order to fit. Anyway, if you have any other tricks or tips feel free to add on. Total install time once the tank is off should be less than 1 hour.

Remove the tank and the 10mm bolts holding the fuel pump housing in the bottom of the tank.
Remove the fuel pump metal housing from the tank.
Remove the 2 Phillips head screws holding the pump assembly to the pump housing on either side. (pic 1)
Release the blue and white wires at the metal fuel pump housing using a spanner wrench. (pic 2)
Remove the fuel pump assembly from the housing.
Slide the OEM fuel pump out of the assembly.
Swap the feed grommet and plastic spacer over to the AEM pump. (pic 3)
You will need to change the OEM plug as it does not fit the AEM pump. (pic 4)
Cut off the OEM blue connector as close to the plug as possible.
The AEM connector is just a hair too high, so the wires contact the pump assembly.
You can use a razor blade to cut out a small section on each side of the AEM connector to allow the wires to lay to the side and this provides adequate clearance. (pic 5)
Solder the RED AEM connector wire to the BLUE wire that leads to the metal pump housing and add heat shrink to the area to avoid shorting issues. (pic 6)
Solder the BLACK AEM connector wire to the BLACK wire that leads to the hold down ground strap point and add heat shrink to solder point. (pic 1 and pic 7)
Slide the AEM pump into the pump assembly and plug it into the connector.
Attach the AEM fuel pump strainer.
The AEM filter is large and will need to be folded neatly to fit into the fuel pump housing. (pic 8)
Slide the fuel pump assembly with AEM pump into the housing. Make sure the assembly fits flush against the housing. (pic 9)
Install the fuel pump assembly hold down screws. (pic 1)
Install the white to the housing on the left and the blue wire on the right. Do not over tighten the nuts holding down the wires. (pic 2)
Route the AEM wiring harness is a clean looking position. (pic 10)
Install the fuel pump housing back into the tank. Recommend replacing fuel pump housing o-ring to avoid leaks.

The pump stared up right away and no issues. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That a very useful advice ?? , some motorcycle companies did upgrade it with the hose and fitting , shall I buy it from them or just the same specs by the dealer ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've found 2 types of AEM E85 50-1200 and 50-1205 (with center inlet)
Which one would fit the H2 better ?

Feels confuse to choose ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found 2 types of AEM E85 50-1200 and 50-1205 (with center inlet)
Which one would fit the H2 better ?

Feels confuse to choose ?
I believe the AEM 50-1200 and AEM 50-1210 both fit. The 50-1210 has a slightly smaller body but fits fine. I can't speak on the 50-1205. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts