Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disconnected the exhaust butterfly valve at the weekend after my ECU was reflashed (still just a slip on), now the power comes on VERY strong at around 4000RPM. Makes it a bit tricky to ride around town as this is the sweet spot when pulling away at lights etc. Had to set the KEBC to Light setting which helps off on throttle otherwise it is really bad.
Have others experienced the same after doing this or installing full systems?

·
Registered
331 Posts
To me having that KEBC set to OFF always felt unnatural and jerky as a result even with no mods done. Setting to Light feels more like any classic bike feels.

KTRC should take care of any traction issues around the power bump eh ...especially while turning.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I disconnected the exhaust butterfly valve at the weekend after my ECU was reflashed (still just a slip on), now the power comes on VERY strong at around 4000RPM. Makes it a bit tricky to ride around town as this is the sweet spot when pulling away at lights etc. Had to set the KEBC to Light setting which helps off on throttle otherwise it is really bad.
Have others experienced the same after doing this or installing full systems?
My H2 ECU was flashed through Brock's Performance and disabling the exhaust servo is part of the reflash. It wasn't necessary to disconnect anything. The bike still has the stock exhaust with an Akrapovic can.

To be honest when riding around town I'm barely off tick-over and yes the off/on throttle is a bit snatchy but I've learned to live with it.

·
Banned
546 Posts
My H2 ECU was flashed through Brock's Performance and disabling the exhaust servo is part of the reflash. It wasn't necessary to disconnect anything. The bike still has the stock exhaust with an Akrapovic can.

To be honest when riding around town I'm barely off tick-over and yes the off/on throttle is a bit snatchy but I've learned to live with it.
The snatchy throttle is the best part. It's like when you're in one of those shark cages and a big Tiger or White is cruising by real slow then without warning, takes a shot at you. "Well that's a big fish. He's not so scary. Even looks kinda tame. I might just stick my hand out th- BANG!". It's a healthy reminder that if you don't treat the H2 with the proper respect, it will eat you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi , is there a possibility of just disconnecting the cable from the exhaust end ... will it remain open and would that trigger a light ... only advantage is louder at startup maybe ?

If so is it easy .. did it on my other bikes and just cable tied the cable up or to the side ...

Did a search and thought I will add to this .. any how to on this ?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I disconnected it at the flapper (ECU disabled so no light) and left the entire cable where it is, safety wired the flapper open so it couldnt move at all (Some partially close at WOT), this was with the stock exhaust. You can also zip tie or safety wire the two ends of the cables tucked under the bike if you leave the cables there. It is hard to notice.

You should really consider safety wiring the flapper open if you leave the stock exhaust (I can post a pic if it helps you wire it open)

Hope this helps snowflake.

NOLA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the advice primate

I disconnected it at the flapper (ECU disabled so no light) and left the entire cable where it is, safety wired the flapper open so it couldnt move at all (Some partially close at WOT), this was with the stock exhaust. You can also zip tie or safety wire the two ends of the cables tucked under the bike if you leave the cables there. It is hard to notice.

You should really consider safety wiring the flapper open if you leave the stock exhaust (I can post a pic if it helps you wire it open)

Hope this helps snowflake.

NOLA.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My H2 had the Brock's flash which disabled the exhaust valve. When I fitted a race system I was going to lift the tank and remove the cables but to be honest, as already said, you can just tuck them away under the bike. Also a lot less work if I ever refit the stock system.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@sharky67

Pics.

I took some just regular safety wire, grabbed the end of it with needle nose pliers. Turned the pliers in a few circles to make a loop (like doing sutures knot) and then clipped the safety wire a few inches up. Hooked my little loop on the flapper valve tab and then then pulled it tight and wrapped it around the nearby bolt and cable of the flapper servo from above (Disabled via ECU), then I used pliers to spin the safety wire around itself so it cant move at all, and then snipped off excess.

They kinda suck on here. PM me if you want them emailed.

NOLA

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nah not yet , thinking of a van demon exhaust or Austin racing ... not sure about the t3 system.

Whilst pondering on what system to buy was having a play with the existing system with a racefit can on ... Just had it Ventureshielded for £350 ... really good job Tony James designs .

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nah not yet , thinking of a van demon exhaust or Austin racing ... not sure about the t3 system.

Whilst pondering on what system to buy was having a play with the existing system with a racefit can on ... Just had it Ventureshielded for £350 ... really good job Tony James designs .
Not sure what you'll be using your H2 for Sharky but I run at Straightliners LSR events and they have a strict 105dB upper noise limit. I've got the Akrapovic race system on my bike and it gets through the test at 98dB. It's not too bad on the road either as I can put the baffle in and not attract much attention. A friends H2R was excluded since it was measured at 125dB, loud enough to make your ears bleed. I haven't seen a Van Demon or Austin Racing system at Elvington yet so not sure how they would measure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone disconnected their exhaust butterfly cables only without the FI light coming on without an ECU flash ! ...

Just wondering if it’s like my panigale and fireblade where when the cables are disconnected only but the servo is still plugged in it’s all ok and no FI light .

I will then do as NOLA advised and wire the little bas*** flap open ....

·
Registered
208 Posts

What's your reservations about the T3 ?

Vandemon seem to be the only ones who do Titanium so if you fancy going that way that's the one.

Austin Racing slip on sounds good ...... although so do the other two :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has anyone disconnected their exhaust butterfly cables only without the FI light coming on without an ECU flash ! ...

Just wondering if it’s like my panigale and fireblade where when the cables are disconnected only but the servo is still plugged in it’s all ok and no FI light .

I will then do as NOLA advised and wire the little bas*** flap open ....
Yes. Done a similar thing and no warning lights. Plus there's the added benefit of a pop between gears and the odd bit of rumble on the over-run...
I run a Spark can...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Noobs just disable the valves..
Pros retune the valves to control the output at a given rpm.. that`s if keeping stock exhaust obviously

·
Registered
414 Posts
T3 exhaust is good, nice close profile on the bike, muffler sits snuggly by the rear wheel and doesn't protrude much at all. Only snag I found was properly fitting up the muffler mount bolt holes, otherwise ok. LOUD without baffle restrictor but I ride it mainly without and it is not too loud when below 4k rpm around town etc. Tuned with Woolich by shop H2 mechanic - some jerky cruising when below 3k rpm but improves as warms up. Gear shift up with quick shifter when on it sounds great with motogp style "bang" between gears! I have the polished muffler - looks good.

Edit: just remembered I had to have the O2 port repositioned as the original T3 positioning was fouling with the underside of engine! Have notified TT3 sales of this.

Don.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts