Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The later H2s have a diagnostic port. Does anyone know if it uses the ODBII protocol?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was searching for Diagnostic port instead of CAN coupler.
It seems that Woolich racing has an adapter for Kawasakis to adapt the port to ODBII.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I have ordered a couple of elm327 bluetooth ODBII interfaces modules. What it does is transmit ODBII data over bluetooth. Being a firmware/software developer, I am going to write an app (using Visual Studio) for Android devices to use that data. What that will allow is any data like vehicle speed to be displayed in any manner one wishes. Imagine a truly nice display of speed and other useful information. Once I get the adapters I will start writing the Android app and make the source code available to the people here. The adapters are inexpensive I ordered 2 and the total was 11 dollars.
My thought is to mount a phone or pad in a nicely integrated way on the H2.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
415 Posts
To be honest, not sure I would require it until I see any personal benefit, but would this fit with the 2015 H2?

However I do appreciate the skill and effort you are putting into this as it could benefit many here, and goes toward enhancing an already amazing experience of owning/riding the H2!

Don.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, not sure I would require it until I see any personal benefit, but would this fit with the 2015 H2?

However I do appreciate the skill and effort you are putting into this as it could benefit many here, and goes toward enhancing an already amazing experience of owning/riding the H2!

Don.
I'm not sure about the 2015 port availability, it probably is just a wiring thing. The main reason I am doing this is to make a HUD for my truck that is completely customizable. But I sure would like to have and mix data and display it as I see fit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can confirm that the elm327 bluetooth adaptors work okay on the 2017, I used one with the car app, "torque" but it didn't always connect.
You might have more joy with a "roll your own" app and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can confirm that the elm327 bluetooth adaptors work okay on the 2017, I used one with the car app, "torque" but it didn't always connect.
You might have more joy with a "roll your own" app and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
That is good news. The roll your own looks to be fairly straight forward. I have written apps for handhelds before. As well as ODB stuff. Should be fun and if others can use it, (I can and will show anyone how to modify the code and use the environment). When I get the things I will decide what language to use C++ or C#.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts