Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Pull the little black pad at the back of the seat off of there. There are two leads in there, one for the abs and the other for the fi. Make sure the dealer has the little pigtail connection to hook it up, not all of them do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We eventually found it but it wasn't accessible looks like it was forgotten upon time of assembly it was stuck and caught up in the top area of the little cubby thing. So why was I looking for this...basically my bike left me stranded. Went to start the bike and it turned on and died. I tried 3 times bike would not idle. I had 4 lights on, abs, triangle, flashing umbrella, and check engine as well as KLCM OFF flashing.

I Called Kawasaki road side assistance for Towe truck and just before truck gets there I try to start it again and sure enough it idles! Diagnostic scan says cam position sensor failed twice. So far the bike hasn't done it again and I've riden it 1000kms since the non start/idle. I have 8600 Kms on the bike currently.

And to top it all off 2 days before the no start/idel some drunk f$&@ decided to piss in my exhausts...ya filled them right up. I went home grabbed my tools and took muffler off. Looks like there are drains on the muffler thank god so no piss reached the headers. I also called the cops and they came and filed a report.

Naturally when the bike didn't start two days later I thought the piss had something to do with it but probably not....anyways I had to take a day off work to grieve/clean it really upset me. Luckily I didn't see whoever did it or I would be in jail right now.

So if anyone's h2 won't start or triggers lights, check engine light etc, press and hold the top and down arrow buttons together and it will display a code you can then look that up in the manual and find the source of problem(s). This is how to perform the self/manual diagnostic.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine showed the same cam sensor fault at 1st service.
All of this is caused by low battery voltage.
If you don't ride for a few day's or more,your voltage will go below 12V.
At 11.8V mine only just starts and put's itself into rain mode.Battery tender is a must if you leave it for a week or more.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks craigeclark, useful to know where the diagnostics port is.

I've only had one error on my H2 which was an ESD warning which showed when I turned it on a couple of weeks ago. Cycling the ignition on/off cleared it and it hasn't happened again. I leave the bike plugged into an Optimate in the garage so low battery voltage is ruled out.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had the ESD light make an appearance. As I was approaching 4000 miles i thought it meant ,,,,Electronic Service Display ! I was 100 miles from home so had to ignore it and it went away.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had the ESD light make an appearance. As I was approaching 4000 miles i thought it meant ,,,,Electronic Service Display ! I was 100 miles from home so had to ignore it and it went away.
the 'ESD' stand for Electronic Steering Damper

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The ESD light went on my bike too then remembered from the manual that it will come on if the bike is turned on & if the bike is rolled even slightly before starting.

·
Registered
278 Posts
And to top it all off 2 days before the no start/idel some drunk f$&@ decided to piss in my exhausts...ya filled them right up. I went home grabbed my tools and took muffler off. Looks like there are drains on the muffler thank god so no piss reached the headers. I also called the cops and they came and filed a report.perform the self/manual diagnostic.
Depraved f*ucking scumbag!

·
Registered
836 Posts
And to top it all off 2 days before the no start/idel some drunk f$&@ decided to piss in my exhausts...ya filled them right up. I went home grabbed my tools and took muffler off. Looks like there are drains on the muffler thank god so no piss reached the headers. I also called the cops and they came and filed a report.

This is why I can never relax and just park the H2 without worrying about some low life sitting on my bike let alone pissing over it , like you I would be unable to stop myself doing something stupid if I caught them . Fingers crossed they suffer with "Exhaust Carbon Soot Knob Rot . "

·
Registered
574 Posts
Memo to self:

#1 Never park your H2 where it is dark enough for someone to walk by and pee on your bike.

#2 The cops here in Arkansas would probably tazer you for reporting this.

#3 The holes in the muffler are pretty small, so maybe beating the guy up...............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts