Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the original h2 pictures. A huge silencer was fitted. I had to go to Birmingham to see the bike and it was correct with the akropovic....Job done. Straight to Bournemouth Kawasaki and got first deposit down with an invoice stating first one to be allocated.

I currently have two zx12rs ,,,A1 2000 and a 2002 A2. Been waiting a long time for Kawasaki to top the 12's. The 14 never did it for me.....

Mine has been bought to get out there as much as possible...

Misses is very happy i've joined this forum so i can talk with some one who gives a ****.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not even the +'12 14r? I am pretty sure the new 10r and bmw are faster than the 12r but Im sure it would feel different with the extra tq it has. I know the 10r is faster than all busas, and all prev gen 14s I think but not quite the 14r.

·
Banned
546 Posts
The 14 was too big in comparison to the 12 for me and I could never get over the Foreman grill look. The 00 12R and the 04/05 10R were so impossibly perfect there was no real incentive to look for anything else to ride. Both bikes would spank a Busa, looked amazing and never, ever broke. I tried a million times to talk myself into something else but there was no direction but down from where I was.

Enter the H2, now there's a reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the h2 is in the same category as the 12 so that's cool. I just think the new 10r is superior to the first gen, in every way as far as i could tell. It even doesn't try to kill you every time you ride it lol. The sort of riding I do a 10r is a better choice. i like the lighter bikes with fast turn in, the h2 was designed more level and less for turn in and more for cutting through wind, the race bikes (ie 10r bmw) are much lower in the front and higher in rear, where the h2 is very level from front to back. Great for going 200 but not so great for the corner at the end of the straight. I'm sure they did the best they could to have the best of both worlds. But it's hard. There is a lot of extra weight you just can't avoid when designing a sc motor from scratch. Especially since they have to make it extra tough for maniacs that constantly talk about making it faster by adding boost before they even ride it for first time, so in other words this bike is gonna get beat on and it needs to take it, this takes steel and weight. Even the frame is steel and not aluminum like usual.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I saw the original h2 pictures. A huge silencer was fitted. I had to go to Birmingham to see the bike and it was correct with the akropovic....Job done. Straight to Bournemouth Kawasaki and got first deposit down with an invoice stating first one to be allocated.

I currently have two zx12rs ,,,A1 2000 and a 2002 A2. Been waiting a long time for Kawasaki to top the 12's. The 14 never did it for me.....

Mine has been bought to get out there as much as possible...

Misses is very happy i've joined this forum so i can talk with some one who gives a ****.....
Great to hear from another UK owner ! The guys at Bournemouth Kawasaki are sound - next time you see Pete say hi to him from me (Owen from Jersey !)

Now all we have to do is sit back and wait for confirmation of delivery dates ........

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are quite close now

No - I run Bikers, a Kawasaki dealership in Jersey but we know Pete pretty well !
Apart from a little strip of water you are about ten miles away. I'm gonna pop in and see Pete tomorrow,,, "Can you quote me for a spare supercharger please?" The look on his face should be interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts