Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking, talking and asking questions I put a deposit down on a new H2 that I should get in the next few weeks.

Very excited and can't wait. :laugh:

Just want to set the new tail tidy which I know what i'm getting. And the Techspec tank grips and paint protection fitted ASAP

1 questions. How did everyone run in their new book. Via the book or a different way ? :nerd:

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Matt, I run my bikes in progressively but remembering that the first few miles is a shake-down test to check it's all bolted together properly, scrubbing tyres etc and that running in is not only about the engine.

The tolerances are so close on a modern engine, microns instead of thou, that the critical bit of rings and bore is done in the first few heat cycles. So I make sure the first few runs get the engine up to full temperature and use progressively more rpm and throttle. Having said that it's quite hard to use a lot of throttle and revs on the H2 on public roads. One word of caution: it's possible to get data from the ECU, so theoretically if you had a failure and they could see something they didn't like you may have a problem, so keep it within reason.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I'm intending to do :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I ran mine in what I considered to be a sensible method ,not religiously by the book but not abusing it either ( as Bob c says it would be difficult to abuse ) I done around a hundred miles of fairly gentle riding then the odd small burst of speed keeping an eye on the temperature gauge. I think the main thing is just to let it rev smoothly and don't labour the engine in too high a gear being fixated on RPM, better to use a lower gear giving the engine an easy time .
After two hundred miles I was ready to briefly experience what it had but staying "sensible" about it . After three hundred it was use it as normal .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for that. Always better to have some info to look at when it comes to running in a new bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts