Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

One day I'd like to own and wear a custom design helmet.
Something like this:

Would the decal on the visor inhibit my ability to see what's in front of me?

·
Registered
574 Posts
As long as you look good, who cares if you can't see. Actually, I get distracted after a few bug splats, so the overlay on the screen would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just fun to see custom made helmets although I've never seen one in action besides the odd Mohawk here and there.
This Batman Helmet would be nice too even if it's not exactly aerodynamic.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's just fun to see custom made helmets although I've never seen one in action besides the odd Mohawk here and there.
This Batman Helmet would be nice too even if it's not exactly aerodynamic.
haha! since the bike looks like something from a batmanmovie it would be absolutely perfect to ride with this helmet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can never have enough green. Great design BobC!

Yes the batman helmet would look amazing with a black H2. Don't suppose anyone has a black H2 and a black helmet? Maybe tape on two ears. It's just a suggestion.

·
Administrator
396 Posts
It's not exactly Batman style, but I regularly road in the triple digits with mine and never had any issues.

Attachments

Reactions: h2rcx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That helmet would certainly turn heads. Is that from Doreamon? It also looks more aerodynamic than the one I posted.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just pre-orderd one of these. My Sena Bluetooth gives Nav directions in helmet speakers but a heads up display in the visor w/ mph, etc. omg!
And talk about wanting to remove the bikes mirrors :

SKULLY AR-1

·
Administrator
396 Posts
That helmet would certainly turn heads. Is that from Doreamon? It also looks more aerodynamic than the one I posted.
It's my old race helmet, a Shoei X-9 with a "diffuser" that I got from a buddy from Japan about 15 years ago. It was a pretty popular scheme with scooter/mini racers in the early '90s. Doraemon is/was a hugely popular cartoon in Japan.
That's one Hella helmet!;)You made that yourself?
Not sure where my friend bought mine over there, but it looks like they still sell some variations of what I have.
accessory | Samurider.com

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had my preorder in place for the Skully AR-1 since last Oct/Nov. It was suppose to arrive in May but pushed off til Dec due to production delays.. I don't mind the delays since I would prefer to have them get all the kinks worked out first!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the rear view and GPS functions will be indispensable once you get used to them but keep the side mirrors! You never know when something happens. How much was the helmet when you ordered it?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Rear view for me will be especially important as driving in the city you have to watch out for those cagers that could potentially rear end you, awareness when you're the most vulnerable on the road goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Many years ago I'm coming to a stop light, it turns yellow I'm about 75 yards away, start slowing. I check my mirrors & see a car behind me, doesn't look like they're slowing. About 50 yards they're now closer. I'm slowed to about 10mph, look and they're very close. I pull off to the right out of the lane, onto side of road & they blow the light at about 30 mph. As they go through the light I look inside & the woman is looking in her lap, texting or whatever, dunno..... I probably would have been killed if I didn't pull over. I never stop without checking my mirrors. I love the idea of a rear camera. First for safety but I'm also constantly checking on my riding buddies to see where they are especially NOW w/ the H2! Or checking if the Police are pulling up on me for checking my speed, etc. etc. etc. think the H2s mirrors are great, very stable and well positioned but still give a quick look over shoulder when changing lanes which creates an unsafe moment because you're not looking ahead. Not having to look down & to the side at the mirrors if this helmet camera really works well for that is going to be huge.... Having street names & direction of turns in the HUD Navigation that will be amazing too. It says December availability that is the only thing that STINKS! Love to try it right now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think the rear view and GPS functions will be indispensable once you get used to them but keep the side mirrors! You never know when something happens. How much was the helmet when you ordered it?
I commented about removing the mirrors because some guys on the forum have for street riding, I wouldn't. It looks cool w/ out mirrors but don't care. If it helps my riding safety it stays on the bike. Plus think the H2s mirrors are the best in the business & look like some sort of possessed praying mantis. And they have the directionals/turning signals incorporated which I would never remove from a street bike think it adds to the fact many cagers don't respect bikes & if they can't see what direction I intend on turning Im only making things more dangerous for myself and others. Same reason I wanted a tail kit that would retain the stock rear signals. Would the bike look better without the rear signals, sure but again if it increases the likelihood even a little bit of someone on a motorcycle or car not knowing which direction I'm turning its not even close to worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts