Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
I now have the opportunity to buy a new H2 (Currently in the crate at my dealership). I'm almost sold on it and if I do go ahead with it, I need to order all accessories I want up front to roll them into a single purchase (for tax reasons) .So far my shopping list is;

Sc-project slip on, I don't want the hassle of a re-flash so that's fine for the exhaust.

I'd like to get a clear wrap paint protection if I can find anyone decent in this area. If I can't then I'll get a tank protector. Does anyone have both,I'm assuming there's not much point ?

Tail Tidy of course to clean up the rear end.

I'm a tall guy at 6'6", has anyone got any tips for setting up ergo-wise ? I know the hip supports can be moved back. What about bars or risers?Footpegs ?

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Do it.

Sliding the hip supports to the rear position will likely be needed if you are riding on twisty roads as opposed to straightlining. It's not hard to do.

I have no need for bar risers or changing the footpeg position - the riding position is a bit more open than, say, a ZX10R.

I applied paint protection film myself in a couple of critical areas - back of gas tank extending up to the fuel filler and wrapping around the sides where my legs go, and the top of the hip supports extending down a little from the top, and the top of the central bodywork part between these (liable to being kicked when getting on or off the bike).

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Absolutely do it.

I have the whole front,sides of the bike & entire tank covered in expel film. An experienced installer makes all the difference with this stuff, it's not the brand of film as much as the installer. Have stomp grip on the side of the tank for inside knee grip & stomp grip tank protector because of zippers, it'll take the brunt of the wear.

IMO Evotech makes the nicest tail tidy.

Make sure they give you everything that comes with the gift/presentation package.

Good luck!

·
Registered
836 Posts
At 6.6 I would advise "try before you buy " You won't get a test ride but if there is one at your dealers hopefully you would be able to sit on one .
Maybe try a new post asking for over 6ft tall H2 riders feedback ? Good luck .

·
Registered
574 Posts
Jimmy, I am 6'4" and had similar concerns. Yeah, I make the bike look small too, it reminds me of 45 years ago when I dwarfed a Honda 90. Anyway, I was planning to move the hip support back but I really did not need it. By the time you have your butt all the way back on the stock position you will be doing a pretty good stretch over the bike. I have long arms and wear a 37" sleeve and when I am backed up I don't need anymore room. But to each his own, I don't think you will have a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jimmy, I am 6'4" and had similar concerns. Yeah, I make the bike look small too, it reminds me of 45 years ago when I dwarfed a Honda 90. Anyway, I was planning to move the hip support back but I really did not need it. By the time you have your butt all the way back on the stock position you will be doing a pretty good stretch over the bike. I have long arms and wear a 37" sleeve and when I am backed up I don't need anymore room. But to each his own, I don't think you will have a problem.
Thanks that's good to hear, I'm heading in to try tomorrow to sit on the bike.
I spoke to the local Expel guy. I have to send him the bike details tonight so he can give me a quote.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
About those hip supports: I agree with Ed, if you can sit on the seat and get your butt against the rear pad is it necessary to adjust anything? Unless you're a Moto GP racer and want to hang off the side it's simply a matter of how wide your body is. I've left mine as they were and can get all the way back when I tuck down.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Also, don't pay a premium as there is a link above to Kawasaki's announcement of a 2016 H2. If anything, the dealer might be motivated to clear out his 2015 in order to get the new bikes. Good luck, no matter what your decision, you will love the bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you're like me & love the metal flake green frame & matching decals on the body work I'd get the 15. The 16 appears to have a grey/silver frame & grey/silver decals on the cowl, fairings. Wonder if they're also doing silver decals on the wheels instead of green.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No , not yet. I'll be heading in to do that soon though. I had a zx-9 for a while and I was kind of hoping it would be similar to that.
I have 3 zx9s 2001 and 2002 models,this bike is not comparable to a zx9,i had to change my riding style to get the best from the H2,dont get me wrong i love this bike and the zx9s only come out if the h2 is being serviced or repaired.I found for the first 500ks i wasnt comfortable on it but the more ks i put on it the better it felt.Mind u i am 5'5" ,the buzz this bike gives you is well worth adapting to it as its a bit like an ice addiction you will have trouble getting of it.
I would get it wrapped before you ride it and certainly dont put a full tank protector on it any dust thats underneath it will scratch the paint badly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, that's the end of that. I sat on the H2 and could tell immediately the ergos won't work for me, my legs are too long for that tank shape, the edges splay my legs out. Sometimes being really tall blows.
Thanks for the input and feedback anyway, I still really like the H2 but won't be buying one myself.

Jimmy

·
Registered
836 Posts
Shame, I thought you would be to tall . I think I'm happy to be 5,9 as I ride a Honda c 90 and also a Honda Rune and fit both .
You will need to spend a **** of a lot more than 25k in the car world to experience H2 acceleration .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts