Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was my H2's last trip to the track before installing an intercooler so I wanted to get a recording of the critical boost temps. A bit hard to see at times with the sky reflection but highest temp I saw was 275. Will do an after recording once the intercooler is installed and I get back to Willow Springs. Here's the video, could only do 2 laps before I had to shut it down. Couple of pics from that session as well.

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah....Um....Thats a bit high on the boost temps.

You seriously hate your pistons. Hate them.

NOLA

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Hey racer172,

Before you install your intercooler, why don't you try the same test running VP MRX02 to see what that does to your boost temps. The higher latent heat of vaporization reduces the inlet temps considerably... you might be surprised.

Of course, you would need a proper map and power commander. e-mail me: [email protected] - we can discuss compatibility, etc.

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
^ thank you, good suggestion, but I'm not sure I'll have the time or extra $ to do that experiment. But I'll take to my builder about it. The main reason I don't think this is a viable solution for me is because I also run this bike in the canyons and only have access to pump gas there and would still need an intercooler cause I reach critical temps when running out there as well.
thanks @Brock

Oh BTW even with the anti-slip coat on the BSTs I got over 6" of wheel slip on the rear last Sat from about 10 laps, it made no difference. But I got no slip at all in the front wheel and that was hard braking down from 170mph.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey racer172,

Before you install your intercooler, why don't you try the same test running VP MRX02 to see what that does to your boost temps. The higher latent heat of vaporization reduces the inlet temps considerably... you might be surprised.

Of course, you would need a proper map and power commander. e-mail me: [email protected] - we can discuss compatibility, etc.

Brock
Brocks Performance

To add to this, I've been running C12 with great success. My Boost temps never reach 200*F.

........but nobody listens to me anyways. LOL

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
^ thank you, good suggestion, but I'm not sure I'll have the time or extra $ to do that experiment. But I'll take to my builder about it. The main reason I don't think this is a viable solution for me is because I also run this bike in the canyons and only have access to pump gas there and would still need an intercooler cause I reach critical temps when running out there as well.
thanks @Brock

Oh BTW even with the anti-slip coat on the BSTs I got over 6" of wheel slip on the rear last Sat from about 10 laps, it made no difference. But I got no slip at all in the front wheel and that was hard braking down from 170mph.
Great info. on the slip. FYI: On our high powered race bikes, on really sticky tracks, we will get some slip (2"-6" is normal)... but it WILL stop. vs. never stopping without the coating.

Brock
Brocks Performance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts