Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just checked the prices for a board member as he was inquiring about H2R cosmetics to convert his H2 to H2R look.

Just the 4 CF wings and the nose fairing will cost over $10,000.
He also needs the CF ram air ducts and airbox and that would likely to cost few $k.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I just checked the prices for a board member as he was inquiring about H2R cosmetics to convert his H2 to H2R look.

Just the 4 CF wings and the nose fairing will cost over $10,000.
He also needs the CF ram air ducts and airbox and that would likely to cost few $k.
I would be careful with that. If you buy H2R parts under your VIN and sell them to a non-H2R owner, Kawasaki will cut you off. They're VERY protective of the R. If you sell those parts to an aftermarket manufacturer and they start reproducing them....I wouldn't want to be you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be careful with that. If you buy H2R parts under your VIN and sell them to a non-H2R owner, Kawasaki will cut you off. They're VERY protective of the R. If you sell those parts to an aftermarket manufacturer and they start reproducing them....I wouldn't want to be you.
I am wondering about this but I don't see written statement anywhere saying that H2R owner can sell or not sell H2R parts to others. I am not saying that I am selling anything, I checked for my own curiosity. So you can sell a whole bike but not parts?

·
Banned
546 Posts
I am wondering about this but I don't see written statement anywhere saying that H2R owner can sell or not sell H2R parts to others. I am not saying that I am selling anything, I checked for my own curiosity. So you can sell a whole bike but not parts?
Correct. An aftermarket carbon maker even had H2R wings molded and ready to sell. Kawasaki caught wind and sent the legal department after 'em before he even had them listed for sale. I suppose if you wrecked your bike and put the parts on eBay you'd be in the clear but getting protected parts new from K and then redistributing them will have you out in the cold so fast Sibera would seem warm.

Of course, you're always welcome to try it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
All jokes aside, if KHI owns the patent on the design of certain body wings or aerodynamic parts (I don't know if they do) and you or another company directly copies them and sells the parts for a profit, then they would have a strong case for a patent infringement lawsuit. I would be very careful about sending the parts away to be copied and remanufactured for selling them. But selling the old parts off your bike should be no problem since it is now your personal property.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Copying and selling is completely different thing. I don't believe selling original H2R parts to private H2 owner is a legal issue. In fact, KHI makes money and they would love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts