Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the dimensions for the metal crate/frame (as shipped)?

I need to transport mine a considerable distance from the dealership and would prefer to continue its journey in the same crate rather than the alternatives that have been offered.

The dealer won't have it for another week and I want quotes finalized before that time.

Any help on this is appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts

I need to transport mine a considerable distance from the dealership and would prefer to continue its journey in the same crate rather than the alternatives that have been offered.

The dealer won't have it for another week and I want quotes finalized before that time.

It was 33 wide x 86 long but not sure of the height

·
Registered
88 Posts

Ask the dealer to save the crate for you. Have them take pictures of how it is crated and have them save all the hardware. No need to reinvent the wheel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer IS keeping the crate. Same crate will be used for onforwarding to me.

Require the crate dimensions for quotations before the bike arrives at the dealers so I can get it shipped to me promptly. I don't want it sitting at the dealership for a week or longer whilst I am getting quotes.

If anyone can fill in the blank for the crate height, thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The bike is fully built in the crate - and Kawasaki quote a height of 1125mm for the bike. I would add about 150mm to 200mm on top of that for the crate height.

·
Registered
406 Posts
A little aside about shipping I was told from my dealer who spoke to the shipper that he could not double stack the H2's on the flatbed for fear of damage, yet from the unload I saw on a video here on the forum, the truck being unloaded was in fact double stacked, I wonder if mother Kawi is pissed over it. Just an observation...

Rhody...

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I am convinced that shipping dock workers are incapable of reading any known language. Either that, or their understanding of things like "fragile", "do not drop", "this side up", etc is the opposite of what everyone else would interpret.

·
Registered
210 Posts
im getting mine today i ll take measurements for you;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
its 4 feet high
3 feet wide
7 feet long

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Either that, or their understanding of things like "fragile", "do not drop", "this side up", etc is the opposite of what everyone else would interpret"...I'd be more inclined to think.."Kawasaki"....they see that...look out;).

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've got a second cardboard box coming,,,,,you couldn't make this up. I also have access to as many exploding airbags as I can be bothered pull. Can you see where this is going?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts