Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a question for the straightliners really. I'm of a very large stature, I am very flexible but still not very aerodynamic. I have a zero gravity screen on the bike which helps but find, when passing 160mph I'm getting a lot of turbulence, to the point it starts shaking my head around (not good at all :( )

So, can anyone give me any tips on a good tuck or am I going to have to live with it due to my size?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This photo of me at Elvington is the best tuck I can do on the H2. You can see my bum against the rear of the seat, chest right on tank and head as low as I can physically get it.

The H2 isn't aerodynamic compared to some bikes like the Hayabusa or 14R. I find that my shoulders are sticking out into the air stream, the photo shows the upper arm and shoulder of my suit distorted by the wind blast and you can really feel this at 200mph. I'm up on my toes on the footrests and elbows in as far as possible. The bike is quite short so even when you go right back on the seat you have a clash between elbows and knees when you tuck. I've got the Zero Gravity screen, a touch wider than stock. I went for the Corsa and not the Double Bubble which is actually smaller.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bob, I also have the corsa screen. I will keep practising.

Rob, I'm in a good mood :) is their even a polite way to say f067 off?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Vmax+h2

"I am very flexible but still not very aerodynamic".....Does that mean you suffer from a bit of additional "tactical girth ?"

:)

NOLA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts