Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, guess I am mainly here to read what I can and see how others are liking the H2. I am definitely in the older rider bracket as I had an original H-1 and H-2 back in the day and I recently decided to downsize from a 2009 Concours 14 to a 2015 Ducati Scrambler.

The Scrambler is fun around town and the country but I still get the itch for something allot more which I am sure the H2 can provide in boat loads. Been riding since 1975 and have owned quite a few nice rides but nothing like the new H2.

Haven't looked into even the entire process much but have seen some for sale from last year and saw that you have to place an order for any new on with the local dealer. My main riding would be fairly short distances now. No more 500 mile days like I used to do more like no more then 100 miles a day if that.

Looking forward to scouring the forum and getting an idea what I may be in for :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great bike, you will not regret it. I find it very comfortable as well considering my size (6'2" 25 stones).

This forum is also a great wealth of information and helpful professionals aswell as the diy guys. Welcome

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi mate, if you want something very different, that you feel very special on and enjoy riding for what you call shorter rides plus ride a very powerful and unique bike than it's probably for you!
I used to enjoy riding lots longer distance stuff, but now very happy to go out for a blat of about 100kms per time. It's not the most comfortable bike I ever had but it's also not the most uncomfortable either. But if you want to come home feeling like you just went on the space shuttle into space then maybe it's for you!
I have only just bought mine about a month ago and can say it's the most fun I have EVER had on a bike! Keep in mind I have been riding all my life been in competition, and have owned dozens of bikes....including the original h1, and riding an original H2, doesn't compare to this bike at all. That's a pretty big statement but I stand by it.
Hope this helps, and good luck!
Regards
Jeffro ;)
( Downunder Australia)

·
Registered
393 Posts
One thing that worried me was not test ride but i took the plunge last Spring from my Blade and never looked back. I found the riding position to be as good as my blade.

I never looked back after buying it. Great bike. I cant say any more as everything about the H2 from the looks to the ride is great.

I will be surprised if you buy the bike and don't like it

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you do buy an H2 you need to do it with your eyes wide open and to be in possession of all the facts.

You need to know that there are better road bikes and better track oriented bikes for far less money. Enough about that!

You also need to know that it's a hand-built marvel which you cannot really compare with any other bike. If you thought a ZX14R (or ZZR1400) was quick, then knowing that the H2 gets to 180 mph in half the distance the bigger bike takes goes some way to describe how unique and special the H2 is.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'll be surprised if you didn't thoroughly love it

Very special, unique bike

Rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
I also have had many bikes,currently I have 1976 Z900, 2001 ZX9 and the H2 so all totally different .Its really difficult to leave the H2 in the garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another question too. It seems that for a new H2 you usually have to pre-order it with your local dealer, yet I am reading here that many seem to get a decent deal as well. With the MSRP at 28K for a 2017 I'm ok with it if your in a position to be lucky to get one although it will be the highest dollar bike I've purchased.

The only dealer is about 30 minutes from me and their not known for being a "dealing" dealer if you get my meaning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts