Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case no one here reads the posts on the ninjah.net site, here are some of "Cliff Secord's" latest words of wisdom. If anyone else can think of a reason to not change his handle to H2R, then let me know.

I don't mean sane as in riding style, I mean sane as in 'free from the lunatics at .org?' LOOK WHO IS CALLING PEOPLE LUNATICS!

Even if I'm posting all alone, it'd be better than dealing with the psychos at the other site. HE IS POSTING ALONE, WHEN I CHECKED EARLIER THERE WERE NO MEMBERS, 5 GUESTS AND 2 ROBOTS I just wanna have an honest discussion about the bike and not get involved in whatever it is exactly that's going on over there. HONEST DISCUSSION???

I'm gonna vent a little. Just made a huge purchase (SUPPOSEDLY) and I'm not happy about what I've discovered so far; JUST LIKE H2R WASN'T HAPPY

1. Why is this bike only making 180 hp to the rear wheel?

2. Why is the catalyst welded to the downpipe?

3. Why does the RPM range die at 10.5K?

4. Why is Ricky Gadson still lying about his bike?

Here's a hot tip - if you're in the process of designing a slip on - STOP. It's worthless. Just ask anyone who bought Akropovic's $1600 abortion THINK H2R SAID THIS TOO and only found 4HP. This bike needs to lose weight and it needs to lose the primary restriction; the cat. I don't care what the rule following PC wimps think, we all know that hunk of junk has a date with a sawsall and the garbage can. Even dumber - Kawasaki knows this. All they've done is make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to ever put the green exhaust back on after a day at the track. This is so impossibly ill-conceived I can barely stand it. Another note to the aftermarket - no need to reinvent the wheel with your exhaust 'design'. Just make a 1:1 copy of the H2R system, make it as light as you can and then take our money. That's all anyone wants. This looming slip on war is a total waste of everyone's time.

DynoJet - if you want to sell me your hardware, we're gonna need a Mac version of your software and some maps. IDK what is happening right now but driving my bike to North Carolina for a tune isn't feasible and I'm not switching to Windows. Mac is the biggest company in the world now, please get on board. Even so, if there was a PowerCommander setup WITH MAPS I'd probably buy one. As it stands you're selling an 8K TV; neat and expensive but there's no content.

650ib - stop posting things on the internet and stop lying about Don Guhl's dyno. 226 does not equal 258. I like that you claim to have found 46 horsepower but if you start lying about numbers, no one believes anything you say. You also need to stop claiming victory in races you clearly lost by the mere fact that you quit racing second and happened to pass a guy. I love where your heart is at but you're making yourself and the bike look like a chump and a braggard…which, sad to say, is kinda what it is right out of the box.

And WTF - 46 HP only gets me to 226HP? This thing was supposed to already HAVE 220HP!

I'm sure my displeasure will continue to grow as this epic failure continues but as it stands the H2 desperately needs an aftermarket version of the H2R system, some way to use all of the rev range as opposed to 2/3rds of it and Kawasaki needs to help out here. Give some press bikes to Area P, Muzzy's, Ryan Schnitz or ANYONE willing to help fix your mess. This bike is so nearly perfect but you guys just plain blew it. It's like you got the prom queen to go on a date with you but then decided to spend the evening at home with your parents instead. I absolutely cannot figure out what you guys were thinking.

That said; the thing looks incredible. In pics it's 'meh' but in real life it's easily one of the most impressive looking bikes since the 916 or MV came out. I know that's a bold statement but I own both and when the cover came off the box I got the same involuntary primal response as I had with those bikes. If this were merely going to be parked in my lobby WISH I HAD A LOBBY as a display piece, it's perfect. Unfortunately for me I bought it to ride. REALLY!

The H2 is no slouch. YES it's fast. No one said it wasn't. (YOU DID) But a $30,000 blown 1K ought to be the undisputed king of the street. So far it's been lucky to eek out a few wins. It shouldn't have to eek out anything!

This H2 is a beautiful, comfortable, brilliantly designed, convoluted, unnecessarily difficult, underpowered mess for no good reason. Worth every penny of $25K if it lived up to the hype - but it doesn't (SAYS YOU). Not even close. Get in the game Kawi and take some of those PR hype mules (THERE'S THAT PR HYPE AGAIN) and give them to somebody willing to help clean up your mess!

really wish they'd stop mingling reviews. They spend 30 seconds on the bike we all bought then immediately move on to the R. This has been the problem with everything from the beginning. They are 2 completely different bikes and should be treated as such. I also don't care bout the R anymore. At all. We get it, it's so fast you can hardly believe it. What about the other one making the same power as the 10R but with an extra 100 pounds attached? Lets talk about that…and how to fix it.

MODS, PLEASE WATCH THIS GUY

Reactions: shotgun15 and OKH2

·
Banned
546 Posts
Is this a real thing that's actually happening or am I being punked?

You people are NUTS. I repeated some facts and nomenclature I picked up reading other responses and happened to agree with. Now I'm the gunman on the grassy knoll? Looks like I a) picked the wrong bike to say anything critical of and b) chose the wrong thing to repeat. Guilty as charged.

Still not H2R though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a real thing that's actually happening or am I being punked?

You people are NUTS.

Cliffie, or James Griffin, I'm sure the robots over on dot org will appreciate you blasting the H2 on their site a bunch more. Go talk to them about ugly exhausts and lousy tuners and cheating dynos and see how they respond to your crap.

Reactions: Cliff Secord

·
Banned
546 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you treat every new forum with suspicion and hatred, who are you guys gonna have left to talk to when everyone's gone?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Cliffie, or James Griffin, I'm sure the robots over on dot org will appreciate you blasting the H2 on their site a bunch more. Go talk to them about ugly exhausts and lousy tuners and cheating dynos and see how they respond to your crap.
Ha! Try again.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Aw geez.Cliff...you've got those numbers wrong.Somefun had his flashed and piped...no cat....he's getting 243 at the rear wheel.The 10K deal is plates closing down(for rider safety).I had mine up to 190+today....she wasn't totally wound out.I could feel the plates closing.So I was hitting 190mph with a 30% drop in throttle.A flash will let em open all the way to 14K.The torque curve continues to climb as the RPMs climb.Along with the HP.This bike is fully capable of more....you ask 'why this' and 'why that'...simple.Kawasaki doesn't want to see anyone get killed when they're learning ride this monster.That's why.

Welded cat?What's so odd about that.It's a noise reducer for one thing...otherwise,they couldn't pass the noise regs as they have.Of course they know guys are gonna do some modding to the exhaust.But they can't sell it as they have with a H2R pipe on there....That's all it really is.No smoke and mirrors.Already been shown that an aftermarket midpipe and muffler are TOTALLY doable...and not very spendy as well.

Everyone here is way stoked with their Ninja...and you are disappointed...Just sell it then....get a 10R or something.You'll get a decent resale from it.Your experience with yours apparently has been a letdown.No one else here feels this way.I sure don't...I'm VERY happy I have this awesome bike...it really IS awesome.Try hitting some corners in 5th and pourin on the gas...this thing just begs to be railed.The QS is so sweet.Doesn't skip a beat when shifting...just gobs of more power and control.I LOVE this thing;)So different than having to click up and at the same time slightly chop throttle.None of that with this bike....wide open,shift...stay wide open.Totally cool.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
In order ...

1. They're generally making more than that. BUT ... The bike still has to conform to the "Gentleman's Agreement" to not exceed 299 km/h, and it needs to not exceed a certain amount of power that the insurance companies seem to be able to tolerate and be able to insure the bike (which appears to be 200 PS / 197 HP) ...

2. Because of the emission regulations for road-legal vehicles, which Kawasaki MUST comply with in order to be able to sell the vehicle.

3. It doesn't. The horsepower stops going up, it doesn't "die". And see point 1 above.

4. He's not.

Slip-on mufflers are more about appearance, sound, and weight loss than power increase. Know what? That's OK!

I'm not in bed with Apple. Don't care.

I won't comment on your slagging of other forum members.

If you are talking about having an aftermarket version of the H2R exhaust system - For on-road use - No thanks! Too loud. I'm sure it will happen in due course.

You can use the full rev range (to 13,000 rpm) ... it makes very close to peak power everywhere above 10,000 rpm. You CAN have more power up there if you want to. Just have it reflashed to remove the restrictions. Why are those restrictions there? See point 1 above.

The only thing that I don't like about mine which isn't a fussy-fiddly nitpick (of which I have a few), is that it weighs too much - but I understand WHY it weighs what it does. (Strong crankshaft, strong rods, strong transmission, etc = more steel. The airbox is a pressure vessel = metal and not plastic. And so forth.)

And the only other thing I don't like about mine is that it's not in my garage. It's at Hindle's development shop getting something done about the weight ...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cliff,

You are a sad pathetic troll, I have seen many like you over the years on many forums.

You need mental help, meds and therapy, and turning the tide back on us is further proof of your illness.

Mods, put him out of his misery, ban him and continue to to ban him when he comes back as sock puppet after sock puppet.

The world will be a happier place with out him.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I really don't have enough time to read the whole rant but I will take issue with one thing that caught my eye.

"...if you're in the process of designing a slip on - STOP. It's worthless. Just ask anyone who bought Akropovic's $1600 abortion and only found 4HP. This bike needs to lose weight"....

My Akrapovic was free from Kawasaki because I live in the UK. It saves a stone in weight compared to the stock Kawasaki item and I'll take the 4bhp thank you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you treat every new forum with suspicion and hatred, who are you guys gonna have left to talk to when everyone's gone?

Everyone else but you! I would very much like to be alone on this forum with the other like minded "sane" people who have joined this forum. Be gone Cliff, no one wants you here so why stick around? Just leave! It's only a matter of time before you are banned anyway. :laugh:

Reactions: edinlr

·
Registered
210 Posts
the ONLY think i dont like about mine is the stupid boost indicator
it should have been a meter in psi
other then that this is by far the most incredible bike ive ever ridden
the boost indicator on my 750 turbo is stupid as well
but ill live with both happily:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the ONLY think i dont like about mine is the stupid boost indicator
it should have been a meter in psi
other then that this is by far the most incredible bike ive ever ridden
the boost indicator on my 750 turbo is stupid as well
but ill live with both happily:)

I agree jeffasaki, I have the 750 turbo and the Honda 500 and 650 turbos and their boost gauges are equally stupid. I don't know why none of the manufacturers couldn't put a simple dial gauge with the boost in psi, or heck in bar would be better than the stupid symbols. If and when I pull mine apart that far, I plan to put a simple boost gauge on to give me real information. This thing tells me the intake temperature, but when I want to know the boost it is three symbols, wtf!!

Reactions: jeffasaki

·
Registered
248 Posts
maybe I'm missing something but of the OP, this caught my attention "And WTF - 46 HP only gets me to 226HP? This thing was supposed to already HAVE 220HP!" which brings me to this question again. Where did Kawasaki say/publish anything revealing the 200+ or 220+ hp? Everything I find is nothing direct from Kawa themselves. So am I missing something?

Possible original source of 200hp claims: (as far as dates goes I can find)
http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike-news/new-2015-kawasaki-h2-street-version-teaser-video

Hey, if you regret the purchase, I know someone would love to get one the same way I did and it be a great deal for them as well. Don't let the nay-sayers and negativity from them get in your head. Enjoy this bikes marvel of ingenuity for what it is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quick question to our new best friend Cliffie - just when did you order your H2 and have you taken delivery yet ?

I don't think he's posted a pic,given the last 3 digits of his vin or said where or when he purchased a H2.
Simple explanation is he dosen't have one.
Jealousy is a curse Cliff,H2R or whatever your name is.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In case anyone hasn't had their laugh for the day, here are some quotes from Ninjah2.net about our pal, Cliffie:

"I bet everyone here at .net must love you Cliff.

As I stated on .org you are a ****.... A lying non-h2 owning ****.... I repeat you have no H2... and lie about it ... pathetic
."

CLIFF RESPONDS
"don't know what your psychotic obsession with me is but I have an H2 (although I don't know why commenting on the bike that'd be a prerequisite since not a single bike journalist owns one). If you'd care to actually read my posts I've said nice things about the bike too, you just don't seem to be able to see past your irrational rage. Also, I have kept my comments strictly to the facts and my impressions about the bike - like perhaps a disappointed parent would ask a smart kid why he was only getting C's. I want(ed) the bike to be better than it is, I'm not alone.

Unfortunately since one of you lunatics has seen fit to begin calling my house at 2am, cursing and threatening to kill whoever answers the phone - I've decided not to post about or discuss the bike anymore. Whoever is doing it; the other night one of you called a 5 year old girl the C word, told her she didn't own an H2 and made her afraid to sleep at night or answer the phone. Thanks for that. I also had a **** of a time explaining to my wife why someone would want to kill me or threaten our kids. "Because I criticised my bike on a forum" is as unbelieveable to her as it is me. Not only has the H2 been a let down, the community has proven itself far, far worse. My only hope is that the cops care enough to find you and put a stop to it. In the interim, please grow up.

So yeah, for as much as it should concern anyone, I don't have an H2 anymore."

ANOTHER POST BY A MEMBER THERE:

(to be read in a calm tone and manor) I think it has to do with your word choice at times you use over on the .org that tends to rub people the wrong way. As long as you don't knock/bash their opinions and facts, you would fair well over on the .org site. Especially if you don't own one as most on the site do. When you start bashing ones opinion with one of your own towards the owners, imagine how that could make one feel. Sure you are entitled to your opinion but negatively expressing it on a site aimed to help owners sends the wrong message. I own one and most negative attacks seem to be geared towards the cost, undocumented claims from Kawasaki and how it can be beaten by other bikes (heavily/mostly moded but never mentioned).

(still in calm tone and manor)
I agree the cost is high but fact is the BMW HP4 is only $5k cheaper and is intended to be a track bike as it is a competition bike where as the H2R was built to simply shack up the motorcycle super sport market. The H2 of course would have to be a extremely dumbed down version of the original to keep compliant with regulations. The HP claims that people started posting even before getting their hands on one was just plain funny to me. Nowhere have I been able to find any printed publication other than Wikipedia about that but it clearly read claimed... All manufactures will claim a number so falling short a few or over a few doesn't actually violate any laws. All the exotic cars makers fall victim to this "claimed HP" deal as well. Now for the meat of this, Moded vs pure stock... like in any case, there is two sides to every story and with youtube, one side seems to get told... well, until someone like me driven by mostly facts, digs around to locate the original post that tells more to what's flying around.

In the most recent video posted here, it makes the H2 look flat out like a waste of money to those who see it as that and not mention the bike was verified moded with bolt-ons. Which if some mods their bike with bolt-ons, chances are they have motor work done or PCV. I'd have to make an educated guess that most bikes going up against a stock H2 would be moded. I've been on HP4s, 1199, zx14r, etc and the H2 is a completely different bike. It has its flaws but what bike doesn't.

All that to say, if you have a question, ask it. Just don't go talking bad about a bike on a site geared to help and inform others. I knew of all the potential down falls the H2 could have and still got it. I got it because it's different and the 1st production of it's kind. I don't and didn't expect it to be a "exclusive" bike as most were lead to believe. The true "exclusive" is the H2R and the H2 wasn't intended to be that. Heck, I even predicted a 2nd windows and it happened. Pissed off a lot of people and sure I was upset but I know how this game works and several manufacture have done this same exact thing. I believe/feel that if there is a 3rd pre-order windows, there will be a 2016 model of the H2. Then the H2 will be like the BMW HP4, A limited yearly limit production run. The best part about that, parts wont cost a arm and a leg should something go wrong.

(phew, that was a lot) I hope this helps out a bit. And I'm not speaking for everyone on the .org site but just trying to shed some light on the tension that could be felt.

I guess bottom line is Cliffie had an H2, but later in the same message he had already sold it. It sounds like the members on .net decided they wanted some sanity too, and ran off Cliffie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts