Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Autoglim to clean my UK fitted Akro Carbon Marrow has produced a lovely gloss to the exhaust but no matter how many times i apply the polish to it ( five times, polish to high gloss then reapply polish etc ) it comes up a brown stain on my microfibre cloth when i apply the polish .
The thing looks spotless but still it produces a poo stain on my new cloth , is this a result of the polish dissolving something from the carbon fibre ? It cannot be dirt / road grime as it is spotless .

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Using Autoglim to clean my UK fitted Akro Carbon Marrow has produced a lovely gloss to the exhaust but no matter how many times i apply the polish to it ( five times, polish to high gloss then reapply polish etc ) it comes up a brown stain on my microfibre cloth when i apply the polish .
The thing looks spotless but still it produces a poo stain on my new cloth , is this a result of the polish dissolving something from the carbon fibre ? It cannot be dirt / road grime as it is spotless .
Ask at the source. Contacts - Contact - Autoglym:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Oh yes you could be right , could you ask your wife to take a bath for me next time ?
I'm between marriages at the moment but you are welcome to my ex.

These Ackro "marrows" as you correctly describe them do not weather well. The finish appears to be porous and does deteriorate . Glad your still trucking along superc.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm between marriages at the moment but you are welcome to my ex.

These Ackro "marrows" as you correctly describe them do not weather well. The finish appears to be porous and does deteriorate . Glad your still trucking along superc.
Thanks h2rcx😉.
I have a response from Autoglym , they say that their Super Resin Polish is not really designed for carbon fibre as its really made for painted and lacquered surfaces and they suggest the staining is from exhaust fumes on the surface of the CF , they may be correct but it's now highly polished and still stains my cleaning cloth but only when I use it on the CF .

·
Registered
787 Posts
The water is very hard (lime scale) in my part of the world. A drop of water would soak into the cf leaving a white spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts