Ninja H2 banner

Cleaning a polishing the exhaust

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Ksix 
#1 ·
What is everyone using to keep their exhaust looking good? I would like to find an effective stainless polish.

#4 ·
Apparently toilet bowl cleaner works really well at restoring. No seriously! I have seen a couple guys do it with amazing results. Look it up ;)

#5 · (Edited)
It gets the brown off, Hapic X10, I have some hydrochloric acid that works (same stuff as in toilet bowl cleaner) just nastier. But it leaves the surface as dull as it was.
The best I have found it Turtle wax headlight lens restorer. Yeah lens restorer. It produces that black on the rag faster than anything I have tried.

I also use an air powered buffing wheel.

This took forever and I can't get at the inside pipes with the buffing wheel. Hoping to find a decent polish that works.

Attachments

#6 ·
I bought some metal cleaner from Chemicalguys.Plus a set of SMALL buffing wheels(some are cone shaped).Works great at getting in between the downpipes and the rest.I then use a simple cotton cloth to remove the used cleaner.Pipes looked factory new except for a light gold at the exhaust header area.Will remove the bluing as well.
I've got an Akra muffler on there,think it's titanium so I just use warm water on that.

#7 ·
I bought some metal cleaner from Chemicalguys.Plus a set of SMALL buffing wheels(some are cone shaped).Works great at getting in between the downpipes and the rest.I then use a simple cotton cloth to remove the used cleaner.Pipes looked factory new except for a light gold at the exhaust header area.Will remove the bluing as well.
I've got an Akra muffler on there,think it's titanium so I just use warm water on that.
I will look into that.

Thanks.

#8 ·
I just got some Autosol for stainless. Gave it a rip and so far so good. On some previously polished parts a small amount almost instantly turned the rag black. That is a good sign. Still a lot of elbow grease in my future to get the inner pipe done.

#9 ·
When my bike had the stock exhaust (Akra' titanium race system now) I quite liked the heat colours on the headers, from purple to straw. I would never have cleaned them off. All I used to do was remove any tar spots with some solvent, petrol is good, then use soap and water. Polish with a rag and occasionally a little Solvol Autosol on the Cat box.

Now the titanium system has had some high speed use it looks fantastic.

#16 ·
I contacted Vandemon a while back and they told me that they recommended Autosol. I think it does a good job. Much better than what I was using! lol

Exhaust looked great until the first time I got caught in the rain. Afterward, it started to turn from beautiful shades of blue and purple to something with water spots. Looks much better now. Colors are not as deep but it looks very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.