Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys has anyone took off the slip on off yet to look in that cat or chamber? what's in there honey comb? or is it an open chamber? if its open I may leave it on because from the left side the it fits the shape of the oil pan nicely. with it off it might look funny from that side. But I don't want it restricting anything. I plan on looking in there this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has looked yet?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Havent't looked,but isn't that canister a flow deal,purely for noise emission?It has that butterfly in there that moves according to power output and all.I think the 'cat' is in the muffler?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Havent't looked,but isn't that canister a flow deal,purely for noise emission?It has that butterfly in there that moves according to power output and all.I think the 'cat' is in the muffler?
I'm not sure on that one Silver....I hope that is the case but not sure. if it was an open chamber I would just leave it in and take the butterfly valve out.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah,I'm not sure either what's actually in there.I thought the H2R pipes were like they are because with that model,noise wasn't gonna be a limiting factor.Or a cat.They do call it a 'preflow chamber' or something right?Preflow to...the muffler and the cats in there...????

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,I'm not sure either what's actually in there.I thought the H2R pipes were like they are because with that model,noise wasn't gonna be a limiting factor.Or a cat.They do call it a 'preflow chamber' or something right?Preflow to...the muffler and the cats in there...????
I heard its a pre flow chamber but who knows what that means....I will ask about it on the ZX10 fourm I'm on because my ZX10R had one on there before I got it and the guy took it off......

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think 'preflow' means going to the mufflers.I don't think there's a cat in there,only some finning or something.I'm no engineer,but I can't see why they would have a valve controlling airflow if there was a catalyzer(in there) doing that.My pipe right there is getting a blue tinge to it,so apparently there's something there to restrict the flow somehow.The chamber itself is staying nice and gold colored.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think 'preflow' means going to the mufflers.I don't think there's a cat in there,only some finning or something.I'm no engineer,but I can't see why they would have a valve controlling airflow if there was a catalyzer(in there) doing that.

Man I hope your right because it would look a lot better if we can leave it on there.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seeing as how the Akrapovic slip-on is EC, EPA, CARB, and ECE compliant, I would wager the cat is in the pre-flow chamber. That being said, I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Man I hope your right because it would look a lot better if we can leave it on there....."...well,I've no intentions of replacing my exhaust.I like it.It's quiet.And sounds really good to me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I looks like the cat is a honey comb type and its in the pre chamber. so shes gotta go...:crying:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Guys has anyone took off the slip on off yet to look in that cat or chamber? what's in there honey comb? or is it an open chamber? if its open I may leave it on because from the left side the it fits the shape of the oil pan nicely. with it off it might look funny from that side. But I don't want it restricting anything. I plan on looking in there this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has looked yet?
I took of the slip on last night and looked at the chamber that fucking chamber it is heavily restricted double welds all around the mash.:eek:Enjoy the heavy duty FUCKING SLIP ON.:D :D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took of the slip on last night and looked at the chamber that fucking chamber it is heavily restricted double welds all around the mash.:eek:Enjoy the heavy duty FUCKING SLIP ON.:D :D:D
how are you making out with the pipe up grade are you getting close?

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you can see the catalyst you should be able to chisel it out if you want. For me on this bike I wont modify anything just box up the original and buy a better one. just in case i want to put back to original later.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm possibly looking at purchasing a whole new header assembly and then having a fabricator cut the CAT off and custom make a mid-pipe to fit the muffle or my choice. If to loud I'll reinstall the stock muffler, either way the CAT is going. >:D

The down sit is that the header is $1,700 :eek:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm possibly looking at purchasing a whole new header assembly and then having a fabricator cut the CAT off and custom make a mid-pipe to fit the muffle or my choice. If to loud I'll reinstall the stock muffler, either way the CAT is going. >:D

The down sit is that the header is $1,700 :eek:
I'm doing the same thing and if i need a new stocker for some reason I'll buy it them.....

Reactions: OKH2

·
Registered
473 Posts
Triumph SPEED TRIPLE 2004-2006 - HP Corse Srl - Bologna - Italy

Above is a link to the exhaust slip-on I have ordered. The idea is for a local fabricator (who is really, really talented) to cut the CAT off, install this muffler in a similar location as shown on the ST3 and fab a mid-pipe from the collector of the header to the muffler.
I think it will look awesome and hopefully with a db killer installed it will produce just the right amount of sound. >:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Triumph SPEED TRIPLE 2004-2006 - HP Corse Srl - Bologna - Italy

Above is a link to the exhaust slip-on I have ordered. The idea is for a local fabricator (who is really, really talented) to cut the CAT off, install this muffler in a similar location as shown on the ST3 and fab a mid-pipe from the collector of the header to the muffler.
I think it will look awesome and hopefully with a db killer installed it will produce just the right amount of sound. >:D
Great looking muffler, but the brackets they used looked like something you would buy from JC Whitney, your local guy should improve on this a bunch.

·
Registered
243 Posts
>:D
how are you making out with the pipe up grade are you getting close?
I will order the headers only from this company EURO racing in Thailand I just text him waiting to text me back with the price.>:D>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
>:D
I will order the headers only from this company EURO racing in Thailand I just text him waiting to text me back with the price.>:D>:D
One lets us know if they get back to you...I just got an e mail back from Beet from Japan on their system and they said that (if) they decide to build it they will put it on their web site. Not the response I was looking for.

·
Registered
243 Posts
One lets us know if they get back to you...I just got an e mail back from Beet from Japan on their system and they said that (if) they decide to build it they will put it on their web site. Not the response I was looking for.
Just got the price on that Titanium Headers .6 hours ago

I have the H2 and I wanted to know how much only for the headers in Titanium im going with difrent slip on pipe. Thanks

4 hours ago

Price for titanium header for H2 is 50,000 Baht.

how much in USA'

And how much for full sistem

thanks

Sorry ..I type wrongly. The price 50,000 Baht (around 1,533 USD) is for full system and it's excluded transportation.

Price for header only is around USD 1,227. But we recommend to buy the full system.

Buying only header we're afraid it's not fit to ur other parts.

26 minutes ago

And the end pipe is not authentic. We use the copied one.

Chat Conversation End

1 - 20 of 71 Posts