Ninja H2 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Possibly a tiny drill bit...one that won't totally ream out the rivet.Then maybe a very small easy out bit?Get the rivet to raise some from being flush,and use a sharp needlenose plier to pull and work the rivet out?Maybe the rivet would actually come out with the easy out bit grabbing it and pulling as it does?(after being opened up with the drill bit).

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't know how long the rivet shank might be in the stem,so drilling into the shank may have to be very cautious to avoid going all the way through.You may also HAVE to drill the shank all the way out.Depending on the rivet design.You don't want to tear the lip off the stem,you want to be able to grab it to pull out,if the easy out doesn't do that.I've never done this before,so I'm just guessing actually.But that's how I'd do it.However you do this,DRILL SLOWLY at first.

Do you have another piece of something that has a rivet fastener in it that you could practice with first?

You might also need a VERY SHARP(small) chisel used CAREFULLY to lift the rivet stem flange away from the swingarm.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm curious here...what's under that piece you want to replace?If it's a hole,then drilling the rivet all the way through and removing it from inside the swingarm may be easiest?And how do you plan on attaching the new piece on there?Looks like re-riveting will be your only option?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are two rivets. The holes are blind, so you don't have access to the other side, and if you drill through, the rivet will fall inside the swingarm. Re-riveting the new piece in place it's the easy part.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Swingarm has several openings , and the wheel adjuster is removable with access to the inside of the swingarm.
you could get the rivet ends out if you wanted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts