Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I want to replace some plastic and other things with carbon fiber.
Till today I found no one wo produce some parts.

Do somebody now, is there a company outside the world to produce some CF Parts for the H2? Or will do in nearly future.

Best Regards from Switzerland
illy

·
Registered
539 Posts
Haven't seen or heard of anything yet but something might have been mentioned here, if you search for "carbon fiber" something might come out.

Still early into the process, just have to keep a look out for whatever shows up.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm on it. Problem is I'm too busy riding IT. Got front mudguard off today to fix crack left by a bird ( pheasant ) strike. Will put it on scales tomorrow and post how much it weighs.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I meant i'll put the mudguard on scales to weigh to measure carbon fibre weight saving , not how long to cook the bird. In the UK if you hit an animal you have to leave it road side by law ( poaching ) Imagine riding / driving around at $10 a gallon to "hunt" your supper. Not a good business model.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I meant i'll put the mudguard on scales to weigh to measure carbon fibre weight saving , not how long to cook the bird. In the UK if you hit an animal you have to leave it road side by law ( poaching ) Imagine riding / driving around at $10 a gallon to "hunt" your supper. Not a good business model.

If you were here in Arkansas you would be sure to hit a 120# deer every once in a while and you would hit a squirrel or an opossum just about weekly. Pretty much get your quota of red meat just out on the bike, or in your pick up truck.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Gonna be pretty significant I think...comparing my 14's stock rims to the BST's I had on there.Pros and cons on those BST's though.They were great for stopping distance and lightness.Acceleration was a bit quicker.They did flex however leaned over at anything above 110mph.Caused a weaving with the bike that I couldn't dial out with the suspension.You add that flex with wearing tires...it was quite a ride cornering.Not at legal speeds though...

Reinstalled my factory rims....stability returned.Could be very different on the H2.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm sure after market companies will create some carbon fiber parts for the H2. Just a matter of time. I haven't heard of anything yet though.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Front mudguard / fender 482 grams. back wheel was relatively light , swinging arm is the killer weight wise but also looks killer. The amount of metal to make that arrangement is staggering, particularly the hub. I have a stock silencer so will post its weight tomorrow. Got the pheasant feathers and bones that were embedded out, hardly notices now. Look forward to the day when some one looks at it and says,,, Fucking Pheasant ! To which I will reply ], " How pleasant."

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nuthin but trouble I'll tell ya that.Had a few run across recently."death Wish" comes to mind.Always good to have a backpack with ya....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts