Ninja H2 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to share my experience with parts ordered from Moto Composites. I ordered a dozen of parts. Not a single part was faithful to original Kawasaki part: diameter of holes, dimensions, fixing foot position, tapping, etc. I had a lot of work to make these parts mountable. But one part was not (yet) possible to adapt: the long air intake arm for compressor. There is a gasket between this part and the air filter. Impossible to fix the gasket because the air intake has no groove (as it is in the original part). Do you know a true professional in carbon parts?

Thanks!
Bruno.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have recently bought carbon intake air ducts for each side, which eliminates the blanked off right hand side, so it matches the left air intake duct. These were from Carbomoto, a German company.

First up, the parts look great on the bike (2015 H2), but the left side intake duct screen is supplied loose, and requires cutting to size by the purchaser, then fitted to the duct. This was not expected, and was a bugger to fit, which it didn't.

Next, the mounting posts that use their Allen head bolts - one was loose and came away from it's glued in position, another was off-set, which caused the bolt to start cross threading.

I have re-glued the mounting post back on, and will attempt to get the other cross threaded off set one to work. I have also ordered another OEM left side duct screen from Ron Ayers, my thought is it only needs flipping over back to front to fit the right side duct, then remove their right side screen so both screens are OEM style. I will find out, as I'm reluctant to just ditch the lot. Sent an email to Carbomoto with a picture of the mount post that came loose, but no reply. This was a couple of months ago. I won't waste time chasing them up, just adapt what I have and move on.

Don.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts