Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just in from the Gannet Design drawing board is this café racer concept of the Kawasaki Ninja H2 R.

Usefulness of a 296hp supercharged wide-barred retro bike aside…I like it. It's got an essence of BMW's R1200R concept about it, except with added bite.

The designer, Ulfert Janssen - who's also worked as a designer at Renault, Nissan and Infiniti - said: 'The idea was to create a "de-Batman-ised" design, but still keep a lot of attitude.

Source

·
Registered
244 Posts
I really like the dual lights that are to the left of the headlight. The asymmetry is cool. Only thing I might change about this concept is the color of the frame. I might like it in orange instead.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I really like the dual lights that are to the left of the headlight. The asymmetry is cool. Only thing I might change about this concept is the color of the frame. I might like it in orange instead.
I'm also a fan of those lights on the side, not something i have seen before on other bikes and it's something i'm starting to love on this one.

Orange would look cool but it would also remind me of KTM, which I would rather not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks awesome. With how fast this bike goes, I think that a windscreen is essential. SO that would have to change for me. Will this stay a render or do you think that this will actually get built eventually?

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's cool how the exhaust pipe is really short and placed right under the seat. Haven't seen an exhaust like that before.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks awesome. With how fast this bike goes, I think that a windscreen is essential. SO that would have to change for me. Will this stay a render or do you think that this will actually get built eventually?
Frankly I don't see Kawi making one but it is possible for a one off by some company like RSD. If its really $20k+ why would you take things off or make any changes from the box is it neccessary? You are better off to try that with a honda cb or yami xs for less.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's what i was thinking when looking at that exhaust but now i'm just concerned if a setup like that might be an issue for a rider as it seems it would be too close to their leg and with all that heat coming out

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's what i was thinking when looking at that exhaust but now i'm just concerned if a setup like that might be an issue for a rider as it seems it would be too close to their leg and with all that heat coming out
I was also wondering about the exhaust heat and fumes. I assume they wouldn't have built it like that if it was a huge problem though. Stranger things have happened...

·
Registered
144 Posts
to the exhausts, no worse than say the 1098s where the only thing keeping your balls from the pipes are plastic and a piece of foam...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts