Ninja H2 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
thank you for sharing all your views in the first ride/ check in thread.
it means a lot to me when i will have absolutely no chance of test riding or even seeing up close the bike before i pay of the H2.

did everybody buy without test riding before please?

i live in a country were test rides are never allowed.
i have bought bikes based on magazine reviews and sometimes i found that the bike is actually not that great and i end up selling a few months down the line.

my issue at the moment is that i will have to let go of my 2010 RR if i will go for the H2.

i love my RR, it is a fantastic comfortable bike that makes me go :D everytime i am on it.

the main things i love are:
clutch feel -even in stop and go traffic, never grabby, always soft and smooth
engine -even at slow speeds, fantastic and tractable
brakes- super feel
suspension- even on our bumpy roads, i can say she feels comfortable
weight- it feels lighter than the 200 kgs claimed

i know the H2 is already a legend but should i go for the leap and part with all my savings for something i did not try out before?

thank you

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi,
thank you for sharing all your views in the first ride/ check in thread.
it means a lot to me when i will have absolutely no chance of test riding or even seeing up close the bike before i pay of the H2.

did everybody buy without test riding before please?

i live in a country were test rides are never allowed.
i have bought bikes based on magazine reviews and sometimes i found that the bike is actually not that great and i end up selling a few months down the line.

my issue at the moment is that i will have to let go of my 2010 RR if i will go for the H2.

i love my RR, it is a fantastic comfortable bike that makes me go :D everytime i am on it.

the main things i love are:
clutch feel -even in stop and go traffic, never grabby, always soft and smooth
engine -even at slow speeds, fantastic and tractable
brakes- super feel
suspension- even on our bumpy roads, i can say she feels comfortable
weight- it feels lighter than the 200 kgs claimed

i know the H2 is already a legend but should i go for the leap and part with all my savings for something i did not try out before?

thank you
There were no test rides anywhere as far as I know.
If that light clutch on your Beemer is a big issue I'd stick with the one you have, as although it is not as heavy as the Ducati 1098R, you definitely know you're pulling it in, so heavy traffic stuff may not be that much fun.
But if you want something that handles and out accelerates everything on the planet and don't mind a bit of pain in traffic, go the H2!
There are a heap of 'first impressions' and ongoing thoughts on the bike in other threads here and I suggest you read through them before committing to something that may not have the practicality day to day that you require.

Good luck with the BIG decision :) Let us know how you go!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think it's a safe bet that none of us here test rode a H2 before buying - I ordered my H2 after seeing pictures of the H2R (a month or so before the H2 was unveiled and specs announced !)

Test rides on the H2 simply won't happen unless you are lucky enough to know someone who has one and will lend you the keys ..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you have to replace a bike to get the H2 please?

were you sure that the H2 would be fantastic to ride day in day out? or is it an addition to a bike collection?

thank you

·
Registered
577 Posts

were you sure that the H2 would be fantastic to ride day in day out? or is it an addition to a bike collection?

thank you
My daily ride is a 125cc scooter - mainly because my trip to work is just over 2 miles each way !

My H2 is for sunny days and 'fun' riding only - though I am sure it could do day to day use just fine !

·
Registered
69 Posts
no test ride whatsoever before buying, but I was lucky enough to have the chance to sit on and rev the H2R in an event in Sydney, at least I got the feel of it in someway, and then you need to have faith in Kawasaki, that's it.:D

·
Registered
53 Posts

thank you
Nah I kept my Hayabusa (As the pillion wouldn't let me sell it) and still have a 1098R and 916 Senna. Just lucky enough to have a quid in hand at the time.
Supercharged 1000cc bike + near ZX10R handling.... I figured they couldn't mess it up too much... The 1098 is going up for sale soon though as the clutch is too hard to pull!!
The H2 I now have 1200km on and riding it day to day for 2 weeks now and feeling quite at home and comfortable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
no test ride whatsoever before buying, but I was lucky enough to have the chance to sit on and rev the H2R in an event in Sydney, at least I got the feel of it in someway, and then you need to have faith in Kawasaki, that's it.:D
Haha how did you scam 'em into that one Victor?!!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought mine without a test ride. Why? Because I reckoned that this was one of those bikes that instantly moves the whole business on, by a massive margin. And because I prefer superchargers to turbos. And because I place a very high value on engineering, rather than race-rep colour schemes.

Not disappointed. Yes, I bought with a look to future values. With luck, this'll also be my pension in a couple of decades. And, yes, I am a collector, as well, though the collection tends to change as I sell some things and replace them with others.

So apart from the H2, I've got (in capacity order), a 2009 Triumph Street Triple, a 2011 Yamaha XT660 Tenere, a 1998 Yamaha XJ600 Diversion, a 1977 BMW R60/6, a 1977 Honda CB400 Four, a 1992 Honda CB Two Fifty, three Suzuki TS250ERs from the early 1980s, a Honda CD200 Benly and a Yamaha RXS100. Just sold a 1980 900-mile Honda CG125 and a brace of two-tone early 1970s CB125Ss.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Like many on here I have multiple bikes an the H2 is my sunny day Hot Rod for when I'm feeling a little feisty.

At this point in my life I can't imagine the H2 as an only bike. I did have a couple of sport bikes as my only bike and one of them was my only form of transportation back in the day. But, the ergos back then were nothing as extreme as the sport bikes today. The H2 has a pretty aggressive riding position and it's not an easy bike to ride compared to most I have ridden.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Correct, no test rides were allowed in the US either. All purchases were sight unseen (except for the pictures posted online and viewing it at the International Motorcycle trade show. That's when I and my buddy saw it up and close. He wanted it for the rare-ness and exclusivity. I wanted it because it was Bad-azz. Need less to say, I got his as he let others get in his head, was mislead in some areas and didn't listen to me in the end. His loss is my gain.

I was however able to test ride it before hand so I'm one of rare few. Test rode his and pulled the trigger. It's not a daily rider for me. I did however have to get ride of another ride to cover the cost of this purchase. So down from 3 vehicles to 2 and 2 bikes to 3.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The answers above are quite correct. The way H2 ownership works is a little different to normal bike buying.

You have to visit a dealer and put down a cash deposit. Then wait for Kawasaki to write to you. You will receive a letter thanking you for your expression of interest and (if you're lucky) telling you that they will fulfil your order. Then you wait.
No dealer had a demonstrator.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you can't see what see what K have done here then it is IMH2O (see what I did there) that you are not worthy....I hope the second ordering window is now closed ( I doubt a third ) and this drivel disappears.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you can't see what see what K have done here then it is IMH2O (see what I did there) that you are not worthy....I hope the second ordering window is now closed ( I doubt a third ) and this drivel disappears.
LOL! nice. The 2nd window in the US has come and gone. I hope there is not 3rd one either. If so, this is key note that there will be a 2016 model. Fingers crossed that 2nd windows was the true final one.

·
Registered
787 Posts
LOL! nice. The 2nd window in the US has come and gone. I hope there is not 3rd one either. If so, this is key note that there will be a 2016 model. Fingers crossed that 2nd windows was the true final one.
All that awaits procrastinators is prostrate cancer....( Hope i've not signed my own death warrant there trying to be funny)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great bike not so sure it suits everyday rider ,for this reason I think I will hang onto my ZX9 and of course my Z900 for a while, I find the tank a little narrow at the base as I like to do a certain amount of steering with my legs plus the paint is a little to delicate without protection also makes it a little difficult to get the weight of the bars going down steep inlines by gripping the tank with my legs.Tight twisty stuff 25-35 k corners in close succession are probably not its best attribute ,mind you it may get better when I get a few more ks on her currently 1,500 combination of touchy throttle and weight transfer .As far as the rest of the bike is concerned yep shes a ripper just have to see how long before Mr plod is coming the otherway when im overtaking using that quick shifter ,that's just addictive and dangerous to wallet and licence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts